2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Front Brake Problems

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Review

Front Brake Problems
By David Anglin on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I experienced problems when the dealership rotated my tires. They over torqued my wheels and caused warping in the rotors. From that point forward it has been a nightmare. They even suggested it was my driving! Well now in the 4th return, Ford has come up with an updated rotor. So now the truth comes out. But just before this they were going to make me pay for repairing their mistakes. I just question their honesty and integrity.

I love my truck. It has and still is a wonderful truck. I also had the same version in a 2002 model. But I have to admit that Ford has made dramatic improvements to this F-150 model truck.

My suggestion if it ever gets forwarded to Ford would be to please check out the stopping abilities of the truck. I have taken this truck back to my dealership going on for the fourth time. I think the front braking system is seriously inadequate. And needs to be addressed.