2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Flying FX-4

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL SuperCab (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Flying FX-4
By j.m. on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS TRUCK! I currently have 17743 miles on this truck, and so far so good. The performance is great; I get 16 miles to the gallon up the turnpike with my quad trailer on the back loaded with 4 quads and 2 dirt bikes, plus our 6000 pound camper trailer is barely felt on it. My friend has a Dodge with the hemi, sure the hemi is quick but that truck is a tin can, mine is a bank vault. No problems except the 6 cd changer has been replaced twice, but the Audiophile system is awesome. I have an 02 Continental as well that was supposed to be my car for cruising in but the truck is more comfortable. Way to go Ford for designing such good driving characteristics into such a beast!

The handling is awesome, Have yet to get stuck off road in it, the Audiophile sound system is wonderful and my friends love the dvd player in the overhead console! ROOMY. Oh and that 5.4 liter 3 valve v8 is great.

The only thing I'd say to do is install grab handles for the people getting into the back (SuperCabs do not have them, I dunno why) and I love the 4x4 system but there should be a setting for full time all wheel drive.