Cadillac of all trucks
By JAY STEINER on
2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I had Dodges and Chevys and they were ok. But this truck is great. This truck is everything I hoped for. Outstanding performance. I want to drive it every day, but want to conserve the mileage. Love the quiet ride. I ride in my son's RAV4 and it generates more noise than a semi. The sound deadening is an awesome feature. Because of the horsepower and the lack of engine or road noise I have to use the cruse control to keep from speeding. Had to go a second dealer. The first lost the deal over a $150 set of running boards. Pull a boat that weighs in 7000 lbs. don't even know it is behind you. I like the 5.4L Great reliability. Highly recommended.
Favorite Features
I like the ride. Extremely quiet and smooth. Rides better that most sedan cars. Like the interior design of the FX4's. The instrument cluster is classy. I have the captains chairs with the center console shift, cool option.. You can't get that in a Hemi.
Suggested Improvements
One minor detail. To the guys and gals out there be cautious with pressure washers, it will blast off the black paint on your F150 chrome decals. Ford could do a better application here.