2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Best Truck In America

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Best Truck In America
By F. T. Kinney on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Supercrew King Ranch. This truck is a piece of art in my opinion. It could not be more comfortable or look any more appealing to the eye. The Truck is a work horse and has all the power anyone could expect and a ride that is of the luxury car type. Anyone that is considering a truck for the long haul should look into a F series! Well worth the money!!!

The Castano Leather! Spacious interior.

The only improvement I would like to see is better city mileage, but for a 300 HP it fairs better than most at 14.2 MPG. Highway mileage is very good at 22.4 MPG. Just wish I did more Highway driving!!!
By texasred007
on 02/20/13 13:33 PM (PST)

I have a 2005 F150 King Ranch 2wd and was very pleased with the overall quality of the truck except I have and am experiencing some electrical problems with the power window switches, power rear window slider motor(was replaced and immediately went bad) and now am experiencing a hesitation or what feels like a misfire from the engine when you put a load on it. Otherwise, it runs fine. I have close to 75K miles on the truck and have it serviced frequently.