2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
What a great truck!
By James on 07/26/05 20:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had my choice of vehicles to pick from for my company vehicle, so a lot of people raised their eyebrows when I pulled into the office lot with a fully decked out F-150 Lariat ... until they looked at the interior. The clients I entertain always comment on the interior. This truck is quiet and smooth. At nearly 19,000 miles, the truck has been flawless with no rattles or other annoying problems to contend with. I looked at everything, foreign and domestic, and I cannot imagine finding a better built vehicle.

Awesome truck
By Bill on 07/12/05 18:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just took delivery yesterday and I'm ecstatic. The King Ranch is without a doubt the absolutely nicest truck on the road anywhere. Built like a bank vault; solid, quiet, powerful, smooth, good-looking inside and out, very comfortable and luxurious. The "family plan" pricing was too good to pass up - really an amazing amount of vehicle for the money. I looked at used E-Class Mercedes and Audi A6's that would have cost thousands more, but can't do what this can. Yes, the fuel economy is not what you'd get driving a Jetta or Prius, but consider the fact that it's 300 hp pushing over 5500 lbs. The mileage is actually pretty good for such a vehicle.

Great Truck
By Paul on 07/01/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

I've owned several pickups before this one and the 2005 F-150 is the best pickup I've owned. Interior comfort and noise level is outstanding. The build quality is excellent.

Room Galore
By John on 06/26/05 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I cannot believe how quiet it is inside the truck. Much quieter than the Chevy. I was close to buying a Chevy with the employee discount, until Ford could beat their price. I am sure happy they did. If you want a truck this is the way to go. If you want a truck that is more like a car, get the Chevy. Chevy doesn't allow for as many mixing and matching with the options.

XLT Crewcab w/5.4L
By Tom on 06/22/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck new with the 5.4L engine with the 3:55 positrac rear end. The Dodge is faster, and the Chevy looked bad in the front end, and the Nissan only offers a grey and beige interior, yuk. The truck has not been to the shop for anything other than oil and filters. I now have 15,000 on the truck and am getting 15 to 16.4 mpg driving mostly highway to and from work. It will pull my boat just fine, but the boat is about 2700 lbs, so anything will pull it. The seats are very firm, maybe too firm. I have a hole in my front left part of my drivers seat on the seat cushion. The cause seems to be a sharp piece of seat frame right below it. This is the only thing I can say that isn't good.

My Black Stallion F150
By Carl L. Triggs on 06/21/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

I purchased my "Black Stallion" in Feb 2004. I still get a kick out of the driving the vehicle and still am amazed at how well behaved the truck and how quiet the cabin is. I have just completed a vacation road trip that was 2375 miles long and covered all types of road surfaces and conditions. My truck handled them all with equal grace and perfection. The engine delivers plenty of power and is more than willing to give that extra boost when needed for passing. The interior is no slouch either. I have the cream leather with the console mounted shifter. The sound system is audiophile quality and provides plenty of bass with the built-in bass module. Buy this truck and you won't look back!

Lots of Room
By Michael on 05/27/05 21:32 PM (PDT)

Great buy, only 29 more payments to go.

F150 King Ranch 05
By Jay Watson on 05/27/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The ability of this vehicle to please me was easy. I traded a 95 XLT 5.8L. The engine was slightly weaker with the 5.4 but all in all performs well.

Truck of Steel
By Superman on 05/17/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

This is the third truck that I have owned and it is by far the best. I have compared the F-150 with the other trucks in its class and it really is the best built truck. The F-150 has a frame that is far superior to any of the competition. This truck also has vented brakes which allows them to cool down faster. The ride is very comfortable and road noise is minimal. I have been getting better gas mileage than what the sticker states (15 in city and 19 highway). So far my average in the city is 17 mpg. Not only is this truck a work horse but its also a great family vehicle. This F-150 also received one of the best crash ratings which gives me peace of mind when driving with the family.

very impressed
By top2002 on 05/17/05 09:50 AM (PDT)

I shopped around and reviewed trucks for about six months and narrowed my choices down to two trucks, Ford and Toyota. I must say I really do not regret the decision. It looks great, is deceivingly fast, brakes work great, quiet and smooth. Toyota was underpowered and boring and Nissan had HP and nothing more, plus its as ugly as a Dakota. This F150 is perfect; at first I was worried about some forum stated vibration issues, but they seem to be taken care of for my '05. I love driving it and looking at and the interior is unbelievably luxurious. You really need to check this thing out.