Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Cadillac of all trucks
By JAY STEINER

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had Dodges and Chevys and they were ok. But this truck is great. This truck is everything I hoped for. Outstanding performance. I want to drive it every day, but want to conserve the mileage. Love the quiet ride. I ride in my son's RAV4 and it generates more noise than a semi. The sound deadening is an awesome feature. Because of the horsepower and the lack of engine or road noise I have to use the cruse control to keep from speeding. Had to go a second dealer. The first lost the deal over a $150 set of running boards. Pull a boat that weighs in 7000 lbs. don't even know it is behind you. I like the 5.4L Great reliability. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

I like the ride. Extremely quiet and smooth. Rides better that most sedan cars. Like the interior design of the FX4's. The instrument cluster is classy. I have the captains chairs with the center console shift, cool option.. You can't get that in a Hemi.

Suggested Improvements

One minor detail. To the guys and gals out there be cautious with pressure washers, it will blast off the black paint on your F150 chrome decals. Ford could do a better application here.

Love This Truck!
By LoveMyTruck

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever owned. The ride and handling are smooth and it is very quiet in the cabin. Quieter than my wife's minivan.

Favorite Features

In-dash CD player with MP3 capability.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate brake dust from collecting on wheels and making them appear dirty.

2005 XLT 5.4L 3.73 Limited Slip
By Dave J

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great comfort and handling for a 4 wheel drive truck. Corners very well. Steering is tight and turning radius is good for a truck this size. MPG has been 12.8 - 13.2 city, 17.2 highway. Power outlet and plenty of room in back for my son and his CD player or video games. Running boards are definitely a necessity. Have had zero problems after 1 year of owner ship.

Favorite Features

Power rear horizontal sliding glass and rear door windows that go down. Seat comfort and road handling.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more trucks with the Audiophile. Standard stereo is so-so. A little better gas mileage. Better storage under rear seat in extended cabs.

Great Truck
By Bailey

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the two body styles before this truck. Hands down, this is the best F150 they have built. Great driving and running truck. I love the fact that I can have a full size truck with 4 doors and it fits in my garage perfect. I was worried about the 5 foot 5 inch bed but it has never been a problem.

Favorite Features

The interior is much better than the Chevrolet. We use Chevrolets at work and this is a much better looking truck. The interior is also a much better layout as well as looks.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would like to see would be to add a storage area under the back fold up seat. These are made aftermarket but it would have been nice for it to come with the truck.

awesome truck
By kristo

Great truck, best looking truck on the market, moves through deep mud with ease. Very cozy ride, new suspension is sweet. Tailgate is light as a feather; also since the tire bumpout is in the bed it seems smaller than previous model which equals more bed space

Favorite Features

Looks and ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Offer hybrid someday.