Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Well Built Very Reliable
By bob g

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I was a japanese truck buyer for years.. I own a farm in Waco and pull large trailers. I needed something that can pull. My tacoma could not. I bought my 05 Lariat FX4 4x4 Crew brand new with 26 miles expecting to get 80k and dump it. Now i have 211,460 as of right now and has been great. Only repairs were headlight bulbs, tires, fluids, and brakes twice. The 5.4 is a real workhorse and still purs with 211k. Toyota? my tacoma had a new tranny put in at 120k and 195k.. This is far more comfortable. I strongly recommend the Ford F series truck. My next vehicle will be American.

Favorite Features

Leather Seats, great 4x4 system. Pulls 10k trailers through the mud with ease. 5.4 V8 is a must. I hit a tractor in a field doing 30 mph and it held up well. Transmission does not hesitate. Nice deep bed.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Better advertising. Get some folks with high mileage on their trucks on the ads. Several people i know have well over 200 and some 300k on their new body Fords.

Still satisfied even with problems
By Craig Taylor

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Used for on and off road and towing utility trailer and 26'camper. Have had rear end clutch packs replaced, the front end 4x4 actuator replaced twice,the right side lower ball joint twice and now at 67000km/40000mi the transmission blew leaving me 600 miles from the nearest Ford dealer at a remote Outfitters lodge. I have nothing but praise for my dealer who has listened to my problems and fixed them and I am thankful I bought 84months/75000mi of extended warranty when I bought the truck. Fuel economy is just a little better than my 1996 F-150 with a 302 V8

Favorite Features

Power and comfort on long hauls

Suggested Improvements

The only lasting complaint comes from my wife who finds the seat height on the truck too high for her on long trips causing discomfort in the lower back.

Built tough
By cds924

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Only problem I had was a few weeks ago at 44000 miles my electronic throttle control went bad. Recall replaced bad fuel injectors, funny ever since they did that the truck flies, very noticeable power change. Other than that its great very smooth on road. On trip from Ohio to Texas received 25+ using cruise control on highway.

Favorite Features

Interior roomy and simple

Suggested Improvements

They did many for the 09 version

F-150
By sabepero

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love almost everything about the truck. The only thing I wish for is better fuel mileage. The truck ride great. I use it for hunting, the off road features is the best I have ever used. I think Ford has the best looking truck there is. Power is pretty good. I use it to pull a trailer and it can do it no problem. This truck rocks

Beautiful Ford Truck
By Cary Ling

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck on one of those love at first sight programs.It has been a great truck and runs and drives excellent. I got the 7 year extended warranty just in case. I still have five years left. I received a notice for a 10 year extended warranty on the fuel injectors but have had no problems at all. I have limited slip and it pulls my boats with ease. It is a powerful engine, (5.4) and feels like the muscle cars of old. I also have and use the back up safety sensors constantly. Gas mileage is not too bad 18-25 on average. I have two six bangers that can't get near what I get with that big V8. The suicide doors on the super cab are great and it looks so good rather then a four door.

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, handling, stepside looks bigger and tough compared to standard body. Limited slip is a must. No need for 4x4 unless you go four wheeling.

Suggested Improvements

High Pro dual exhaust, chip sets for better performance under warranty with manufacturer.