2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews 7

2005 F-150 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
great truck
By jasen

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck to own out of college and I love it. My family has owned F-150's for all my life and this is the best yet. Best looking truck inside and out. My dad bought a new Nissan Titan; great truck also, but the interior quality of my Ford is way better. Other than engine performance, Ford rules the truck world. (5.4L is a very reliable engine)

Favorite Features

Roomy interior. quiet ride. comfortable seats. plenty of power. awesome looks.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough interior storage space compared to Nissan. I hate the electronic throttle control; that is what slows the truck down. Maybe a programmer would solve that?

My First Car
By My First Car

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am 16 and this is my first car/truck. Because I am 16 I had a lot of shopping to do and there is no doubt that I made the right decision. For a truck its size it has GREAT fuel economy. I get 17mpg in the city and almost 26 on the highway -- it's amazing. I used to hate ford cars but there is no doubt that they have the BEST trucks.

Favorite Features

Center flow-through console wth floor shifter, auto air conditioning, sunroof, engine, fuel economy, styling, heated seats, auto on headlights, acceleration, tailgate assist, reliability, PRICE, looks (inside and out), wheels, 6 disc audio system, parking sensors ... way too much to list, BUY THIS TRUCK!

Suggested Improvements

You couldnt possibly build this truck better.

Excellent truck
By Melynda B.

The truck can hold up to six people, while storing items in the back. The Ford F150 drives excellent. When going over bumps, it is not as noticeable as other trucks at all! We really have enjoyed having it.

Favorite Features

The pick up that the truck has when needed to go faster. The leather, large seating area in the back, the smoothness of how it drives as a truck, it looks absolutely beautiful inside and out. An eye catcher!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy for the big engine.

F 150 Super Crew
By Steve Melton

Good overall truck, nice interior with leather captain chairs with floor shifter and console. Build quality is so far been outstanding. Much stiffer ride than 2001 F150 I traded. Dealer easy to work with

Favorite Features

Back-up sensor

Suggested Improvements

Seats are too hard.

My Ford F-150 Truck
By My Ford F-150

I had driven my brother Ford F-250 Lariat and I was so surprised that a truck could handle so easily along with comfort plus quietness. When the time came for me to purchase another vehicle, Ford F-150 Lariat was my choice of trucks I had been looking at.In fact, my Ford truck handles more easily than my car. My Ford F-150 is very good on gas, example, I live in Georgia and I took a trip to Jacksonville, North Carolina, approximately 390 miles and it didn't used a full tank of gasoline. It still had 134 miles to go before the big "E". Great on gas, especially now with gas prices over the hill. I wouldn't trade my F-150 for any other truck, just love driving it too much. You Check one out.

Favorite Features

For me, handling, fuel economy, comfort, and realiability are musts in the the truck I brought. Interior and exterior looks are okay, but are not my main favorite features. But, don't get me wrong, they do help one in selecting a vehicle. They are not my first choice in choosing a vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

At the moment, I really do not have any suggestions for improvement with my Ford. However, as I continue to drive it, I am quite sure something may come up and I will let my dealership know about any problem that may occur.

King Ranch Rules
By Seniorchief Ret.

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The ride and handling are like driving are great. This 4X4 rides more like a luxury auto than a truck. I have only owned it for a short period but will really get to test it this fall when I go hunting.

Favorite Features

The sound system and the the seats in this truck are great. The rear sensing helps when backing.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should add stability control and side airbags.

Great Buy
By jjcmlc

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth driving and can barely hear exterior noises at freeway speed. Interior design very unique and functional. Durable leather interior and the audiophile stereo upgrade is a must !

Favorite Features

Enjoy the climate and radio controls on the steering wheel. Don't have to stretch to manipulate most of the controls.

Suggested Improvements

A bit sluggish on the power from a stop and when passing so engine performance needs improvements. Should have the side mirrors move to a memory position like the seats and pedals.

dream truck
By rick w

Only had it for 3 weeks but love it. Beautiful, powerful, luxurious. Went with a spray-in bed (negotiated a credit for the plastic liner part of the package) and a aluminum fold down tonneau cover (Fold A Cover) and solved the storage space issue. Fuel economy is not good (15/18) but fits my situation.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior (I'm 6'3") and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy!

Tough Safe Truck
By Dennis Schumaker

I owned a 2004 SuperCab that was a piece of junk. Many problems! I traded for a 2005 Supercrew Lariat. After 800 miles someone turned in front of me when I was going 45 mph. Air bag went off, and $13,500 worth of damage to truck. All in front of doors. I hurt my hand on the steering wheel when it spun out of control, but I was not injured severely. If I would have been in a Chevy, I would not have been so lucky. They might not be the fastest or stop the quickest, but I believe they are the safest! And they ride and look better than all the rest!

Favorite Features

Good looks inside and out. Driving on the interstate is very pleasant and comfortable. Our other vehicle is a 2002 Cadillac DeVille, and we prefer to drive the pickup on trips (except for the gas mileage) because of the safe feeling and comfort!

Suggested Improvements

Make the engine more fuel efficient, and improve the air-conditioning capacity.

My New Ford Truck
By Terry Vance

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had no problems whatsoever with my new truck. I find it much more comfortable than my 2001 Silverado and I really like the new body style. The Super Crew works great for me.

Favorite Features

The interior and the comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

None.