Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Pickup for the family
By ace

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good family truck. It has room for my wife and three sons. Great for vacations and fishing trips.

Sunroof, 6 staker CD changer, Heated front seats, and all leather seats.

Better gas mileage

I Love My Truck!
By niteowl99

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say but ... I LOVE MY TRUCK! Enjoy all the comments by the guys I work with telling me how "good" my truck looks and how big it is. Super nice on long drives, great appearance, has the flow-masters on it and man it has a good throaty growl to it. Just overall, I love my truck!

Engine just "growls", nice ride, great appearance!

GAS MILEAGE!

Love Truck - Hate The Headliner
By Anthony B from NYC

When I purchased this vehicle, I was in awe. After a while the truck began to develop a few rattles but not many as my cars in the past. The most major problem I have encountered with this vehicle was the floppy headliner. I have had to install my own version of a packing foam in the headliner to eliminate the problem. I have currently experienced a problem in cold weather with the headliner tapping sounding as if the rear window is rattling but I have yet to experience any relief. All in all this vehicle was great on long trips. However the retention value is terrible!.

Comfort.

FIX the headliner.

10K miles, only one gripe
By frank

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this Texas edition SuperCrew for just under a year and the ONLY complaint I have is with the gas mileage. The mileage is just fine on the highway (about 20 mpg as near as I can figure) but in-town I can just about see the needle falling when I sit in traffic or at red lights. And this is with the 4.6L v-8. I've not found this engine to be underpowered at all even with a heavy load in the bed. The interior design is just about perfect, seating front and rear very comfortable with more than adequate leg room in the back. The 6 cd premium sound system ROCKS. It's a nice looking PU that delivers more than just looks.

The quiet ride, low end torque, the interior design, the exterior design. Go for the premium sound system if you like your music.

Perhaps a MDS on both v-8 engines. I can live with the highway cruising mileage, but for city driving it's just ridiculous. Nice truck tho!

Ford 4wd crew cab
By roger mobley

This vehicle was to be the last one that I purchased after retirement. So far the truck is all that I want in a pickup and tow vehicle. It has the power to pull any size load so far (8000#). I installed an aftermarket leveling kit. Wow what a difference in appearance, I would say that it has passed all tests. VERY HAPPY!

Power and looks.

Door pockets (lower) like the cup holder type stick out too far.