Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
2005 F-150 FX4
By Andy Johansons

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My driving consists mostly of city driving. Even though this is a pick-up truck, I have found that I can use this vehicle for everyday, get around type of driving. There is enough room in the cab to take the kids to school, go shopping, or pack luggage for vacation. Plus, when I need to, I can load up the "bed" for anything else. It rides great, the seats are awesome, and the fit and finish are excellent. Maintenance has been minimal. Although I had to have the rotors turned to remove brake "shimmy". Outside of that, it's been scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Interior: seats are great, supportive and comfortable. I like the center console with shifter. Fit and finish are great. Rides great. Good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more horsepower. Ford needs to improve on the performance aspect.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.

Favorite Features

Power rear slider

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. I love this truck. Sure, we could all wish for a truck that gets 50mpg but lets be real. 21-22 on the highway is great as far as I'm concerned.

Built tough
By cds924

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Only problem I had was a few weeks ago at 44000 miles my electronic throttle control went bad. Recall replaced bad fuel injectors, funny ever since they did that the truck flies, very noticeable power change. Other than that its great very smooth on road. On trip from Ohio to Texas received 25+ using cruise control on highway.

Favorite Features

Interior roomy and simple

Suggested Improvements

They did many for the 09 version

Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

Favorite Features

The ease of 4X4, ride and power.

F-150 larriet
By Ray m. alvarez

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is great and comfortable on the highway, and the ride is so smooth, it's like riding in a luxury car. The only gripe I have is the gas mileage, but I guess it's because I have the large v-8 motor. I have 36000 miles on it and the mileage is about 17 highway. Although that's not good gas mileage but a lot better than the Dodge of the same size.

Favorite Features

The interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, can you really improve greatness.