Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F-150 larriet
By Ray m. alvarez

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is great and comfortable on the highway, and the ride is so smooth, it's like riding in a luxury car. The only gripe I have is the gas mileage, but I guess it's because I have the large v-8 motor. I have 36000 miles on it and the mileage is about 17 highway. Although that's not good gas mileage but a lot better than the Dodge of the same size.

The interior layout.

Better gas mileage, can you really improve greatness.

2005 F-150 FX4
By Andy Johansons

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My driving consists mostly of city driving. Even though this is a pick-up truck, I have found that I can use this vehicle for everyday, get around type of driving. There is enough room in the cab to take the kids to school, go shopping, or pack luggage for vacation. Plus, when I need to, I can load up the "bed" for anything else. It rides great, the seats are awesome, and the fit and finish are excellent. Maintenance has been minimal. Although I had to have the rotors turned to remove brake "shimmy". Outside of that, it's been scheduled maintenance.

Interior: seats are great, supportive and comfortable. I like the center console with shifter. Fit and finish are great. Rides great. Good visibility.

Needs more horsepower. Ford needs to improve on the performance aspect.

Looks Awesome Breaks Often
By Blaze659

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Interior/exterior awesome styling. Hand grabs great. Large mirrors allow you to change lanes easy. Head rests you can actually use. Upgraded stereo sound great. Seatbelt position on seat works outstanding. The flareside styling is awesome. Tires seem to be wearing very fast. There is a drivetrain rattle that is still not found. The 4 wheel drive system has gone out twice now. Modules the first time, now the the motor that engages the system is broken. The transmission slips a little. Only 19000 miles on truck.

Styling and backing assisting bumper!

4x4 system needs work/integrity. Transmission/drivetrain needs work/integrity. Dealer repair knowledge/wanting to work on warranty vehicles needs improvement.

My best truck yet
By SpudsandSleever

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been driving trucks for some decades and this is the best so far. Before this truck I had a GMC Sierra SLT. The Ford is as comfortable but much quieter. The suspension hauls loads easier than the GMC did and tows very easy but at a minor price of needing ballast when empty. The are two negatives so far. 1. Gas mileage with the 5.4 Triton is low but then you can't haul feed with a Prius. 2. The front brakes leave loads of dust on the wheels. Like my other Fords in the past, I need two 40 pound sandbags in the rear when empty so the rear end doesn't hop around on bumpy roads. I am not a rah rah Ford person but this is a very good truck so hats off to Ford.

The dogs love the power side rear windows on the extended cab. Great heater and A/C with well placed vents. Tailgate assist is better than I thought it would be, especially at the end of a long day.

More speakers in more areas for the stereo. DC and AC power outlets in tailgate area. Put these features in the F-250.

Work truck
By Dale

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good overall truck, with the exception of the bed. The tailgate will not handle very much weight at all. 100 12' 1x4's bent the heck out my tailgate, can't even shut it now. Ford refused to do anything for me. It is obvious to me these trucks are geared more towards SUV status than work trucks anymore.

No one item sticks out to me here.

Put some stiffeners in the tail gate and beef up the bed. Mine is full of dents from simple use of it!