2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
We're pleased in Clifton, Virginia!
By Dave and Ann on 10/18/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2005 Lariat is a well built luxury full size pick up without the Lincoln LT price. We note excellent workmanship with no rattles, loose trim, or mechanical problems after 4,000 miles. We receive lots of positive comments from friends, neighbors, and strangers. The 2005 has improved safety and structural integrity over our two previous F-150's a 1997 and a 2001. The 2005 has more power for towing than our previous 2001 5.4. The 2005 has excellent driveability and is very comfortable on long trips. You are only reminded that you are driving a full size truck when you stop to fill the gas tank (14-19mpg range), but with the need to occasionally pull a horse trailer there is no better option!

good truck
By Ken on 10/18/05 06:51 AM (PDT)

Had problems with steering vibration right after I bought it. Turned out balancing the tires did the trick, though first time in all the vehicles I've bought I've had to have this done right out of the gate. Ride and handling are great, 5.4 is a little sluggish but acceptable. Love the interior and like the deep bed as it gives more inside space with a tonneau cover. Fuel mileage is ok, compares with the 1/2 ton Chevy I had. Love the looks of the truck, again great ride and handling.

And I thought my Tundra was good........
By TJ Vollman on 10/13/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my "baby" after having a terrible accident with my Tundra (it was totaled). I swore I would never buy anything but a Tundra (it saved my life) but then I saw the new F150 and it was LOVE at first site. WHAT A MACHINE ! Towing my 24 foot SeaRay became a walk in the park. Built like a tank....rides like a Benz....I'm a Ford Man now and I'm never looking back.

Another Truck Review
By Nick on 09/22/05 21:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, so far only 3,000 miles on it and no complaints. Gas mileage not great but it's a truck. The interior is like a sedan with no engine noise and very little road noise. A/C is not cold; on 100 degree days it can still be warm in the cab. The sound system is lacking power unless you add a amp. or aftermarket speakers. The power of the truck is adequate for the truck size. C'mon your pushing 5500 lbs. of steel. When you step on the gas it will go, it just takes a little bit longer. The new tires that Ford has contracted with is okay, why didn't they make a more common size; it's pretty hard to find a replacement tire. Overall great truck.

Deep bed
By truck driver on 08/23/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck, stylish; only big complaint is the depth of the bed. It's hard to get things out without having to climb up in it.

Ford F150
By Douglas Chandler on 08/23/05 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck runs exceptional smooth. Feels like one is inside a luxury vehicle. Outside sounds not heard. Great storage areas inside the cab, lots of room & comfortable. Exterior speaks for itself. Overall dependable, smooth running truck.

Lariat F150
By Bob on 08/21/05 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted an upgrade from the 1995 basic F150 I traded in. I feel good riding in it, looking at it, washing it and getting numerous complements. I plan on keeping this one longer then the previous truck.

Needs help in three areas.
By Allan on 08/18/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

HVAC controls. Limited choices. Slow to heat or cool. Bad fogging problem outside front windshield at engine vent. Visteon compressors are lame. Premium sound system: NOT! Poor controls/performance. Horrible speaker layout and too few of them. Low quality plastics everywhere and very little in the way of convenience areas compared to GMC or Dodge XLT. 4.6L V-8 Heritage engine dates from a decade ago. Low HP, torque & MPGs. Not particularly smooth, especially when A/C is running. Still, I paid $10K less than a Titan or Tacoma - so I can live with the gripes.

24 years #1 and still with shortfalls??
By Ken on 08/17/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We have the 2005 Crew Cab Lariat. The interior makes a loud rattling sound which is from the ceiling. With a sunroof, there is no way to attach the ceiling to the roof resulting in a loose flapping sound when you hit a bump. What is amazing is that this was a problem with '04's and yet Ford did nothing about it. So I get my '05 and it has this sound. Instead of pre- fixing it before the buyer takes it, Ford makes you bring it back. Totally ridiculous---Quality is no longer job 1 with Ford. Just check this out before buying the vehicle. Next time...I'll be visiting the Toyota dealership sorry!!!

Decent Ride, Killer Gas
By Richard on 08/15/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

Bought recently, have put 1500 miles on it. Came with the 5.4L engine upgrade. I test drove the F150, Silverado and Ram. The Chevy and Ram are MUCH faster but the F150 is the most refined. The interior is much improved over the 03. I've been trying to squeeze the most out of my mileage with a soft foot (never revving past 3000rpm, A/C usually turned off), but I still manage only 13.5 local/hwy combined. With gas prices climbing, I might have to get an economy beater car for hwy driving. If you want acceleration, go with the Chevy or Dodge. But the F150 beats em out in almost all other categories