2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best Truck on the Road
By a truck guy on 05/17/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

For the money I believe it is the best truck on the road. I don't have a complaint. The interior has all the options including leather, heated seats, and dvd system with headphones and remote. No problems with build or options. Solid as a rock. I have had it a year and a half and the ride is great, tons of room in front and the back for my passengers. I have slept in the back on long trips. The captain's chairs are huge and comfortable. 300 hp is plenty and going the speed limit on highway gets me 20 mpg or better. Back up sensor is great option. All vehicles should have it.

Have you driven a Ford lately!
By sixduces on 05/09/07 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Ford pickups since 1975. Each has been better than the last. I needed a 4 door this time to carry around my grand children. The cab is like a car, roomy and plush. It has given me great service with no need to take it to the shop. Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10

Great Pickup for the family
By ace on 04/18/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good family truck. It has room for my wife and three sons. Great for vacations and fishing trips.

Great USA Truck
By tim bickford on 04/07/07 08:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is one nice riding truck. Traded in Exploror. No comparison in the ride. It rides like a good quality car. It has a smart look, and the design of the engine makes for easy repair access. You are driving a truck with all the features of a truck but has a smooth ride, and very quiet. I cannot say more about this truck but one word. great. This USA auto maker is better than imports.

Best Vehicle Ever
By dan on 04/03/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, Ford did it right with the new F-150. I'm 50 years old. I have bought new Dodge, Chevy, Honda, and other Ford products and this '05 F-150 is the best ever. I have owned it almost two years and 30,000 miles and not one problem. Not even a small problem. The last new truck I bought was a 2000 Silverado and that was a nightmare from the time I took delivery until i traded it 36,000 miles later. The Ford is at the other end of the scale. It rides nice, is super quiet inside, and is pretty good on gas. Seats could be softer, and it could use more power. I got the 4.6 v8, should have got the 5.4. Other than that, the truck is flawless.

A revision to my review
By Rick on 03/25/07 21:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm now a year and a 1/2 into driving this truck, 25K miles, and most of my original review still stands. It's been an incredible truck. However, I had to share that I recently returned on my first two road trips with the family (1K and 1.2K) in distance and was amazed that after simply changing the air filter before I left on the first trip that I got 18.5 mph on the first trip and 19.5 mph on the second. It's paid off that I opted for the 3.55 factory gears and installed a low profile, glass bed cover. Smooth sailing!

great truck
By great truck on 03/20/07 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck a year ago, STX model with no back seat or carpet. Surprisingly, plenty of room with 40/20/40 split. Drove the truck 65000 miles in one year, not a single problem, just maintenance and brakes. Although I do get annoyed with front brake dust on wheels. 4WD works great in snow, nice turning and ride for 4.6 V8. towed 2 cords wood, struggled very little. Nice roomy bed, well designed interior. Seats do stain very easily, I recommend covering them as soon as you buy the truck.

Buyer Beware!
By roadrider on 03/14/07 20:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has so many issues I don't know where to start. So rather than try to sum up my experience, I will advise anyone who wants to purchase a Ford go out and do some research first. I have replaced the front differential and axle assembly, drive shaft, ring and pinion gear assembly and now the clutches in the rear posi rear end. All under warranty at dealer and all common problems with this vehicle. I drive it like a car! Haul nothing pull nothing! BUYER BEWARE! GOING BACK TO TOYOTA.

Watch the Fuel Injectors!
By Steve on 02/19/07 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After several SUV's, my first pickup. Nice to drive - both on the freeway and offroad. But not very reliable. Problems range from annoying (the CD player has been replaced 4 times and still isn't working correctly) to serious (has broken down 3 times and been towed once in the first 25,000 miles due to faulty fuel injectors). About to go out of warranty so I'll probably consider trading for something more reliable - maybe Japanese?

I Love My Truck!
By niteowl99 on 01/20/07 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say but ... I LOVE MY TRUCK! Enjoy all the comments by the guys I work with telling me how "good" my truck looks and how big it is. Super nice on long drives, great appearance, has the flow-masters on it and man it has a good throaty growl to it. Just overall, I love my truck!