Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love this truck
By Mercedes Owner

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first American vehicle I have bought since US vehicle quality went down the tubes in the early 80's. I drive my truck on road and off, highway and local, through extremely bad weather (hurricanes) and I have not had a single problem with this truck. I've hauled lumber in the bed, and pulled single axle trailers with this truck, and it has been great. The sunroof and 6 CD changer has been great, the heated seats are fantastic, and the AC works fine in our 100+ degree summers here. Ford just sent me a letter extending the coverage on the fuel injectors for 10 years....but I have not had any problems. I use premium gas and get oil and tires serviced on time. This is a great truck

The ride is as quiet as my 'Benz, and the truck behaves really well on very wet roads. The interior is perfectly comfortable for my 6'2" 220 lb frame, and the cruise control and steering wheel controls make long distance drives a pleasure. I get 15 to 16 mpg around town, 17 to 19 on the highway.

Lift back seats 1/2" and mold a storage bin under the seats. I store lots of stuff under my back seats, but would like a built in bin to keep it organized. Put metal on top of tailgate to resist lumber scratches on top of short bed tailgate when hauling 8' 2x4s.

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
By Shaun

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall this is a great truck! It's nice to drive a big truck and have all the luxury options to go with it. I can haul almost anything and everything, and still enjoy all of its interior features. The ride is smooth and quiet. The exterior looks sporty and there are many upgrades and accessories that you can to the style of your choosing.

I love the interior in my truck and additional features that it provides. This was the only truck that had leather seats, captian chairs, floor shifter, moonroof, back-up parking sensors, fog lights, power rear- sliding window, etc.

Needs better gas mileage! Also, the OEM tires wear out and need to be changed soon. The back seats could be more comfortable, and there is no adjustments to the back seats. Lastly, the warranty could be better.

What happened to Ford?
By letgomyeggo

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Where do I begin. I brought my truck brand new and I take very good care of it. At 3000 miles, starter goes out and I have to have it towed from work. Next, black emblem paint chips off and steering column begins to rattle. Next, computer chip goes out and I have to have it towed again. Transmission begins slipping and rust is starting to form underneath all doors from bad welding. Air Conditioner leaking inside cab now on passenger side. Transmission is still slipping and now I have a clunk in the rear end when I come to a stop and start to go. I am not at 34700 miles and the warranty is getting ready to expire. Give me a Dodge now!

Exterior. Body styling.

Take more pride is workmanship. Offer FX4 interior to XLT.

Best Truck on the Road
By a truck guy

For the money I believe it is the best truck on the road. I don't have a complaint. The interior has all the options including leather, heated seats, and dvd system with headphones and remote. No problems with build or options. Solid as a rock. I have had it a year and a half and the ride is great, tons of room in front and the back for my passengers. I have slept in the back on long trips. The captain's chairs are huge and comfortable. 300 hp is plenty and going the speed limit on highway gets me 20 mpg or better. Back up sensor is great option. All vehicles should have it.

The leather interior looks and smells great, the DVD player is great for my children and the sound system can make you jump with a good DVD movie playing. Of course, the back up sensor is great for peace of mind and not hitting anything.

None

Have you driven a Ford lately!
By sixduces

I have owned Ford pickups since 1975. Each has been better than the last. I needed a 4 door this time to carry around my grand children. The cab is like a car, roomy and plush. It has given me great service with no need to take it to the shop. Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10

No mechanical problems at all, roomy, comfortable, quiet, and great to drive.

Fuel economy needs improvement , but for the size of the vehicle it's OK.