2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
awesome truck
By grd2083 on 11/23/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck for my wife and baby on the way. Safety features are incredible and ride comfort is outstanding. I am very particular about my trucks and have combed over this one front to back and I have to say that the overall quality is unsurpassed. This is the best investment I have ever made. If you are hesitating because you want to drive other makes, DON'T waste your time. This truck is not the fastest 0-60 but can out pull, or haul any other. Not to mention very stylish,roomy, and quiet.

Bad Truck
By 4myranch on 11/08/05 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything you want. The interior is the best designed set up in terms of convenience. Quiet ride and great sound system are a plus. I took it off road twice already and it was playing in the mud and had no problems at all in what I put it through. An outstanding new truck. Well done Ford!

The new truck
By Drjoe on 10/31/05 23:52 PM (PST)

As my first pickup truck this one is great fun on and off road. It carries and tows anything I own. The interior is great. The exterior looks great. It even fits into my garage. The fuel economy is not good averaging 11.5mpg around town and about 15 mpg on the highway towing my boat. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

2004 FX4 Great Vehicle
By Matt Vinzant on 10/27/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

This is a very dependable truck, i love to drive it, and I love the way it looks. It has great handling, and ride quality. It tows a trailer like there is nothing behind it.

2005 F-150 SuperCrew
By dironk on 10/24/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It has been a very good truck. I like driving it better than my wife's Infiniti FX-35. She likes riding in it better too. Anytime I ask her which one we are going to take she always says the truck, it's more comfortable. I wished it got a little better mileage; I'm getting 17 to 20. My 2001 SuperCrew got a little better mileage, ran a lot better and had zero problems with it also.

Luv this truck
By RJ in Tejas on 10/18/05 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 25,000 miles in one year, am averaging 19.5 on hgwy w/o AC. Drives like a sedan; even my wife loves driving it (when I let her). Wish I ordered a bed extender.

Awesome King Ranch 4x4
By Wade on 10/06/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

This truck is great looking, nice leather and the older the leather gets the better looking. Truck handles well, however is a little on the heavy side.

Buy Toyota
By Sweets on 09/11/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

DVD/CD player is much to be desired, cannot hookup iPod or Palm, DVD does not support dual play. Blind spots like crazy, mirrors not heated, engine sits too far back in chassis, thermostat does not work correctly, how can it be 66 all the time? Dealer does not have a clue, typically Ford Junk Found On Road Dead.

G.O.A.T
By JMcKnight on 09/09/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

This truck is a joy to own. My previous vehicle is a 2000 Honda Civic, so you already know the difference. I have finally joined the Ford family along with my wife & in laws.

Stereo/DVD not worth money should be FREE
By Sweet on 09/06/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

Good ride -- not sure on power, typical Ford lurch at slow speed, steering terrible; hit pot hole steering wheel goes crazy, hard to control. Stereo/DVD does not work well; if you do not want to listen to the movie this truck is not for you. Very difficult to get dual zone listening, no directions with DVD, dealer made photocopy; not very professional. Ford sent wrong remote after dealer insisted it was correct, cannot hook up amp on stereo.