2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My F-150
By No Name on 02/19/06 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Don't like the limited use guidelines when in 4 wheel drive on pavement. Steering while in 4 wheel drive binds up a bit when in tight turns. MPG has averaged 12.5 - 12.7.

great truck
By bud on 02/12/06 12:16 PM (PST)

Nice truck but I needed a new engine at 3,000 miles and Ford wanted me to pay for a rental. Constant clunking from the tranny. Oh and good luck changing the spark plugs as they snap off in the head.

drive train vibratin' 3 valve knockn' junk
By David Quinn on 01/29/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a loyal Ford brand buyer since '65; 23 units to date. My new 150 SuperCab 5.4 is a drivetrain vibrating 3 valve knocking nightmare. The dealer has had the vehicle on three separate occasions with excuses that started with the tires and now says a counter balance is needed to reduce (?) the vibration. I do not care if they changed driveshaft vendors and are having problems. I want a drivetrain that turns true. Period! The new 3 valve setup runs rougher than corn cob. The dealer blames it own Mother Ford and says the techies have not come up with a patch for the computer program that runs the darn thing without disturbing the tranny. I am in shock, mourning and complete disbelief.

Glad it's only a lease
By Rick Casorio on 01/08/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One more year to go on the lease then I'm done with Ford. Never get the 4.6L V8, way underpowered. Never buy one with the General Tires, noisiest tire on the planet. Hope you can overcome the electronic throttle lag when you push the gas. Hope you don't buy one like I did that the transmission fried at 12,000k because some seal blew connecting the transmission to the transfer case. Ford doesn't put "new" transmissions in anymore, just rebuilts. And this rebuilt one has been serviced 2 times already and it still doesn't run right. Expect 12mpg in the winter and 15mpg in the summer. Only owned 2 Fords in my lifetime and both have been a disappointment. This is it! Pity too because I get the Ford Discount.

Surprisingly high quality!
By Shinbo on 01/07/06 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my very first truck that I have ever purchased. After researching and test driving all the competitors (Silverado, Ram, Tundra), I have absolutely no regrets about buying an F-150. The body style is attractive and burly. Ride is quite comfortable, and the overall quality just surpasses everything that I was expecting.

love my truck
By brian on 01/02/06 22:51 PM (PST)

I love having a truck that is so luxurious; it turns heads whereever I go. The interior and exterior design are flawless.

Awesome
By Phil71185 on 12/06/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked it up last week and all I can say is wow. I already loaded my 4-wheeler in it and took it out hunting with me. It had no problem at all climbing any of the hills or going down the logging trail that my 2001 Nissan had. It's also a lot better on gas than I thought it would be. 250 miles on it so far and just a little under half a tank left. Would recommend it to anyone. It's one awesome truck.

FX4
By GD on 11/16/05 18:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

FX4 with leveling kit, cold intake, Magnaflow dual exhaust. The throttle response is much better with modifications and even a little better gas mileage.

Love my truck!
By Kat L. on 11/06/05 00:45 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had to get a new truck that fit the teens, pulled a trailer, fit the dogs, was comfortable and a good looking work horse. This truck fit the bill and I just love it. Gas mileage is better than I expected; I've averaged 18 in town and up to 25 over the road, and it spends a lot of time on the road. It pulls very well and has no trouble with the hills. It's driver AND passenger friendly.

Awesome Truck
By Andy on 11/06/05 00:39 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The looks and ride are second to none. I drove the Tacoma, and the Silverado before I bought this one. Just can't say enough great things about this truck. I get compliments from neighbors and coworkers. The interior is laid out nicely, with very user friendly controls. I almost look forward to going to work just so I can drive it there.