Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best Vehicle Ever
By dan

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, Ford did it right with the new F-150. I'm 50 years old. I have bought new Dodge, Chevy, Honda, and other Ford products and this '05 F-150 is the best ever. I have owned it almost two years and 30,000 miles and not one problem. Not even a small problem. The last new truck I bought was a 2000 Silverado and that was a nightmare from the time I took delivery until i traded it 36,000 miles later. The Ford is at the other end of the scale. It rides nice, is super quiet inside, and is pretty good on gas. Seats could be softer, and it could use more power. I got the 4.6 v8, should have got the 5.4. Other than that, the truck is flawless.

Favorite Features

Power sliding rear window. Four door. Flat four and round pigtail connection

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats. Larger information center. Can't read it during the day.

A revision to my review
By Rick

I'm now a year and a 1/2 into driving this truck, 25K miles, and most of my original review still stands. It's been an incredible truck. However, I had to share that I recently returned on my first two road trips with the family (1K and 1.2K) in distance and was amazed that after simply changing the air filter before I left on the first trip that I got 18.5 mph on the first trip and 19.5 mph on the second. It's paid off that I opted for the 3.55 factory gears and installed a low profile, glass bed cover. Smooth sailing!

Watch the Fuel Injectors!
By Steve

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After several SUV's, my first pickup. Nice to drive - both on the freeway and offroad. But not very reliable. Problems range from annoying (the CD player has been replaced 4 times and still isn't working correctly) to serious (has broken down 3 times and been towed once in the first 25,000 miles due to faulty fuel injectors). About to go out of warranty so I'll probably consider trading for something more reliable - maybe Japanese?

Favorite Features

Interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Make it more reliable!

Well built.
By D

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was a good buy for me. Not too much hp; I thought I needed it but I go to and from work, besides I only need to tow my friends around. I like it so far anyway, I've only had it for a month.

Favorite Features

The interior and the drive the ride is impressive, just like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Power, bottom line.

F-150 larriet
By Ray m. alvarez

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is great and comfortable on the highway, and the ride is so smooth, it's like riding in a luxury car. The only gripe I have is the gas mileage, but I guess it's because I have the large v-8 motor. I have 36000 miles on it and the mileage is about 17 highway. Although that's not good gas mileage but a lot better than the Dodge of the same size.

Favorite Features

The interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, can you really improve greatness.