2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By Jose Angel on 02/05/08 11:55 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of room, beautiful interior 2-tone design with faux-wood panel and brushed aluminum accents, chrome stick shift for the automatic tranny. Its just a fun machine. I have a DVD system and a huge back seat for all the kids to watch movies or just zone out, and with the wireless earphones I don't have to listen to their movies. I can plug my Ipod to the DVD accessory panel, and listen thru the radio. The sound system includes a subwoofer. And when I drive, I be truckin through traffic near the top of the food chain! The 4WD is great for snowy weather.

A former loyal Ford Customer
By Ray Lane on 01/25/08 07:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had a lot of problems with the drive train on this vehicle. Rear end problems started at around 13,000 miles. Had 2 rear end rebuilds on this truck. Engine problems began around 60,000 miles. Had cam problems. Cam eventually broke at 85,000 miles. Apparently a problem with this model Ford. Ford has not offerd to help repair.

Looks are deceiving
By Mike R on 01/21/08 03:43 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Best looking truck on the road. Probably the worst truck to tow with I've ever owned. Very dissappointed. I can tell when I have a dirt bike in the bed while driving. Forget pulling a boat or trailer, it's horrible.

Love this truck
By Mercedes Owner on 12/26/07 13:23 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first American vehicle I have bought since US vehicle quality went down the tubes in the early 80's. I drive my truck on road and off, highway and local, through extremely bad weather (hurricanes) and I have not had a single problem with this truck. I've hauled lumber in the bed, and pulled single axle trailers with this truck, and it has been great. The sunroof and 6 CD changer has been great, the heated seats are fantastic, and the AC works fine in our 100+ degree summers here. Ford just sent me a letter extending the coverage on the fuel injectors for 10 years....but I have not had any problems. I use premium gas and get oil and tires serviced on time. This is a great truck

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
By Shaun on 12/15/07 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall this is a great truck! It's nice to drive a big truck and have all the luxury options to go with it. I can haul almost anything and everything, and still enjoy all of its interior features. The ride is smooth and quiet. The exterior looks sporty and there are many upgrades and accessories that you can to the style of your choosing.

Nice Truck
By fordtrkman on 12/13/07 06:33 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have the xl v-6 with the work truck pkg. Very nice truck to be basic.It gets better gas milage than my 96 Explorer Sport w/v-6 and 5-speed. I am very impressed with the smooth ride and handleing. The xtra room behind the seats is great. After driving this truck I don't think I could ever drive the other regular cabs.The truck looks good, and because it's an XL it's easy to keep the interior clean. No carpet to get stained.

The truck of all trucks!
By Big Nail on 11/07/07 17:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 1999 F250 gasser for this truck and never looked back. This truck is perfect for me inside and out. I love the red exterior with the black interior (I'm a Georgia fan, GO DAWGS!).

What happened to Ford?
By letgomyeggo on 08/06/07 23:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Where do I begin. I brought my truck brand new and I take very good care of it. At 3000 miles, starter goes out and I have to have it towed from work. Next, black emblem paint chips off and steering column begins to rattle. Next, computer chip goes out and I have to have it towed again. Transmission begins slipping and rust is starting to form underneath all doors from bad welding. Air Conditioner leaking inside cab now on passenger side. Transmission is still slipping and now I have a clunk in the rear end when I come to a stop and start to go. I am not at 34700 miles and the warranty is getting ready to expire. Give me a Dodge now!

2005 F-150
By John on 05/20/07 04:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and rides well. More than adequate power and torque for pulling a full size bass boat (my primary reason for purchasing).

Best Truck on the Road
By a truck guy on 05/17/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

For the money I believe it is the best truck on the road. I don't have a complaint. The interior has all the options including leather, heated seats, and dvd system with headphones and remote. No problems with build or options. Solid as a rock. I have had it a year and a half and the ride is great, tons of room in front and the back for my passengers. I have slept in the back on long trips. The captain's chairs are huge and comfortable. 300 hp is plenty and going the speed limit on highway gets me 20 mpg or better. Back up sensor is great option. All vehicles should have it.