2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Love the Lariat
By Mark on 01/29/06 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this truck for almost a year now with no problems. I love driving it! It has plenty of power, size and I love the best in class towing ability. It is not as fast as the Titan or the Ram, but hey, I wanted a truck, not a race car. The added safety of the extra steel in the construction more than makes up for it. No disposable truck here!

Great Truck!
By david on 01/26/06 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks, this one is the best. The interior is getting better with age! Wish Ford could make an F-150 that gets 30mpg. My stock would go up and 20,000 people could still have jobs. Ford, It's all about mileage to play in today's world.

Great Truck
By SteveInVirginia on 01/26/06 11:19 AM (PST)

We bought our Ford F-150 Lariat 4 X 4 in December. We utilize the vehicle for hauling kids and around town use in addition to hunting and fishing excursions.

2005 SuperCrew
By Scott on 01/21/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years and this is by far the best all around truck I've ever owned. The interior is top notch quality that rivals my wife's luxury SUV (I won't mention what brand, but it's a direct competitor). The 5.4 Triton offers the power I need, yet still gets very respectable gas mileage. Trucks I've owned in the past have always been weekend warriors, but this truck is my everyday driver, just because it's so much fun to drive. Its handling characteristics are very well mannered for a truck. This is my second Ford in 7 years and I haven't had any problems in 7 years. I will probably be a Ford owner for a long time to come.

Nice Truck
By Dan M on 01/07/06 16:43 PM (PST)

I purchased the truck as a leftover 2005 about 2-1/2 months ago. Rebates/discounts were aggressive, making it a good value. I only have 1200 miles on it. The truck rides smooth, very quiet, great interior space, sufficient power. The truck is heavy, so the acceleration is only okay given it has 300 hp. However, I will use it to tow a 6,300 lb travel trailer, so additional mass in the truck helps keep the trailer from pushing the truck around. The rack and pinion steering is very good, it cruises the interstate with great on-center feel. Heated seats are nice in the north country. Moonroof is quiet when open or closed (unlike many other vehicles). If you like it, buy one!

Excellent Truck
By Edward on 12/22/05 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth F-150 and 2nd Supercrew, there is no other vehicle I would even consider owning. I put over 40,000 miles a year on a vehicle and the ride is always quiet, smooth, comfortable and reliable. Despite all that use they have only ever been in for scheduled maintenance. I'll acquire another vehicle in '07 and it will be another F-150.

Great truck with some problems
By J.C. on 12/22/05 11:54 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is very nice, especially the interior, but it has vibration problems that have been a major headache. The transmission, along with many other parts, had to be replaced at about 16,000 miles. This doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in this truck. I also have an automatic a/c control module that has been replaced 3 times because of the air shutting off at various times.

Great truck at a great price!
By Jamison Turner on 12/19/05 19:35 PM (PST)

I have been completely satisfied with this vehicle from the day I bought it. It is a great designed vehicle that drives unlike what you would think something this big would handle like. It is extremely roomy and will hold five to six adults without a problem.

Great Truck
By James A. Istwan on 12/03/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This F-150 has performed well. Engine performance is crisp, the ride is nimble, and the driveability of the truck is impressive. The leather front seats are comfortable, and the interior lay out is convenient for drinks, cell phones, storage areas, etc.

awesome truck
By grd2083 on 11/23/05 20:37 PM (PST)

I purchased this truck for my wife and baby on the way. Safety features are incredible and ride comfort is outstanding. I am very particular about my trucks and have combed over this one front to back and I have to say that the overall quality is unsurpassed. This is the best investment I have ever made. If you are hesitating because you want to drive other makes, DON'T waste your time. This truck is not the fastest 0-60 but can out pull, or haul any other. Not to mention very stylish,roomy, and quiet.