Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

great truck
By jasen

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck to own out of college and I love it. My family has owned F-150's for all my life and this is the best yet. Best looking truck inside and out. My dad bought a new Nissan Titan; great truck also, but the interior quality of my Ford is way better. Other than engine performance, Ford rules the truck world. (5.4L is a very reliable engine)

Roomy interior. quiet ride. comfortable seats. plenty of power. awesome looks.

Not enough interior storage space compared to Nissan. I hate the electronic throttle control; that is what slows the truck down. Maybe a programmer would solve that?

Deep bed
By truck driver

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck, stylish; only big complaint is the depth of the bed. It's hard to get things out without having to climb up in it.

I like the style, the drive and appearance of the truck. Handles easily.

Take away some of the deep bed and make it easier to unload.. More anchors in the bed and on the bed walls would make it easier to secure the loads.

Ford F150
By Douglas Chandler

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck runs exceptional smooth. Feels like one is inside a luxury vehicle. Outside sounds not heard. Great storage areas inside the cab, lots of room & comfortable. Exterior speaks for itself. Overall dependable, smooth running truck.

All the extra storage areas.

My First Car
By My First Car

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am 16 and this is my first car/truck. Because I am 16 I had a lot of shopping to do and there is no doubt that I made the right decision. For a truck its size it has GREAT fuel economy. I get 17mpg in the city and almost 26 on the highway -- it's amazing. I used to hate ford cars but there is no doubt that they have the BEST trucks.

Center flow-through console wth floor shifter, auto air conditioning, sunroof, engine, fuel economy, styling, heated seats, auto on headlights, acceleration, tailgate assist, reliability, PRICE, looks (inside and out), wheels, 6 disc audio system, parking sensors ... way too much to list, BUY THIS TRUCK!

You couldnt possibly build this truck better.

Lariat F150
By Bob

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted an upgrade from the 1995 basic F150 I traded in. I feel good riding in it, looking at it, washing it and getting numerous complements. I plan on keeping this one longer then the previous truck.

Paint and back-up warning sound.

Light to see to put your key in at night.