2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Don't purchase!
By tadams0512 on 01/16/10 23:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck last year with only 42,000 miles and it has been downhill. Have bad cam phasers, replaced spark plugs. Ford wanted $380 due to some possible spark plug breakage in head. Now injectors bad. Overall, a terrible truck build with quality def. not job 1!

Just saying
By kgaston on 11/24/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

"engeneers need to improve the drive train". This is clearly the best drivetrain I have ever seen in a truck. The Allison is nowhere near as good as this seeing as if you do not change the fluids in the Allison religiously, it will fail quickly. The stereo package is one of the best I've seen in a truck and I enjoy the responsive throttle and brakes. The ride is much more superior than any Chevy or Dodge I've driven.

Great truck
By Trayscool on 11/21/09 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got my truck used with 50K miles and now has 70K. No problems thus far and runs great. The front seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rear, like a limo. I tow a 7000 boat with no problems and plenty of power. The factory stereo is very nice. Wish the gas mileage was a little better but with a big V8 that is what you can expect. My parents have one with 150K on it and o problems as well

Proud American
By Mark on 10/14/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven Fords. This one is the best! Power, ride, and quality. Truck is my dailey driver and gas mileage is okay for a big truck.(avg 17)Ford dealers here are great, back up the product. People need to do the research, Americans still and do build the best vechiles.

Not a bad choice
By fear the voices on 09/26/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the selection of trucks available, the F150 isn't a bad choice. I bought mine used due to the bargain price I paid for it. General ride and handling are good for a truck this size. Performance for the 4.6L engine is rather lethargic though. Rated at only 230 hp for 2005, it is merely sufficient for the weight it has to contend with. My previous Ranger with a 4.0L and 4WD would easily put this thing to shame in all performance categories. However, fuel mileage for both trucks are much the same, about 14-15 mpg for the mostly spirited stop and go driving I do. I prefer the styling over the '09 model year which is way too boxy now, '04-08 was sleek w/o looking overly squared off.

Best Truck In America
By F. T. Kinney on 09/21/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Supercrew King Ranch. This truck is a piece of art in my opinion. It could not be more comfortable or look any more appealing to the eye. The Truck is a work horse and has all the power anyone could expect and a ride that is of the luxury car type. Anyone that is considering a truck for the long haul should look into a F series! Well worth the money!!!

1st Ford I've Owned & Also The Last
By JPH on 08/29/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The quality is simply not there. I've taken my truck in for warranty repairs 41 times. That's right, 41. I wish I could pursue lemon laws but it's never the same problem. Performance is pathetic. It can't tow a 3000lb trailer, shifts out of OD at the slightest press of the pedal, return lousy MPG. My 91 Chevy would run circles around this truck. EVERY other 1/2 ton truck on the market has a superior engine than the 5.4. Ford sells truck because they are cheap, no other reason. I'm convinced my truck is a dud & not a true example of Ford, but my experience & service I've received from Ford has guaranteed I'll never be in a blue oval again.

Just what I expected
By Mac on 07/16/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I put many miles on a vehicle and this one has been no different. I have owned many cars and trucks and this is one of the more comfortable ones I have owned. I "rigged" this truck up a bit but putting true dual exhaust, cold air intake and super-chip. Very quick for a heavy 4WD pick-up.

Just OK
By SWP on 06/12/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After almost 3 years of ownership all I can say is that the truck is just OK. Mileage is 13mpg city and hiway. My problems have been: Clunck in transmission when starting from a stop, back sliding rear window rattles like crazy (had repaired once), bracket holding the passenger front window in place broke and the window fell into the door,($425 for that fix) CD player had to be replaced, brakes replaced at 20,000 miles and I do not drive the truck hard, needs a little more power. Good things: Decent ride, nice looking truck inside and out, comfortable seats.

get a chevy instead
By nick on 05/28/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

when i bought it seemed to be doing fine, then the transmission went out at 60k right when the waranty expired. gas mileage stinks and its only a 2 wheel drive. went out and bought a chevy instead, they last at least twice as long with allison transmissions.