2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
love my Ford
By super crew cab 4x4 on 01/28/05 12:51 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Since owing this truck it has only been back for an oil change and to check the shift points on the transmission. I love the interior and with the three valve 300 hp 5.4 engine, the truck really runs great at high highway speeds. It just cruises with no roll or road walking. In the snow of the northeast it does a great job. I am really pleased and happy with my truck. The only negative about the whole truck is gas mileage.

Best Bang For Your Buck
By ltm7047 on 01/23/05 21:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is second to none with its ability to tow, haul, or just plain get after it. The new body style makes this truck the most attractive in its class; itÂ’s just as nice on the inside as it is the outside. The driver friendly cab puts everything within comfortable reach from the speed controls on the steering wheel, to the radio, four cup holders, and dashboard storage space. An extremely smooth ride and handling will make you forget you are driving a truck. I highly recommend buying this truck for work or play (I use mine for both). I couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks ford for another great product.

best pickup I have ever owned
By Terry on 01/13/05 09:11 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Use this vechile for my business and to pull a 7,400 pound trailer. Pulls better than any of my previous trucks. Gas mileage could be better.

Great Truck
By David B on 01/12/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck in 20 years. I moved from an SUV. The ride is excellent and feels more like a car than truck. But I have had a ton of cargo in the back and it doesn't even act like it's there. Real impressed with quality and finish of truck. I see why Ford is #1.

2004 F-150 Supercrew Lariet 4WD
By robo14 on 01/12/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Rear differential has whined since new. Rear differential had to be replaced. Battery junk making vehicle unreliable. Ford said there was a bad plate. Charged the battery and refused to replace under warranty. Stranded 6 times. Finally, dealership replaced battery. Windshield has stress crack running all the way across. I have owned many new Chevys, Dodges and Fords over the years. I am not impressed with the quality. I don't see where the customer service is anymore.

run away from this truck
By frank on 12/29/04 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I owned this truck for 12 months. It has constantly been in the shop. I will name some of the problems. INJECTORS quited, broke down on way to work, had to tow in. Shifter locked up. could not shift out of park, towed in. Fuel line cracked, had to wait two weeks for parts, TRUCK is rusting on rear panel dealer repair was just bondo. No call back from Ford customer service. every now and then truck turns off while running. I recommend waiting for the new toyota tundra this summer. or looking at Nissian. Ford is Ford and It is going the way of Montgomery Wards, Eastern Airlines, Service merchandise.

Great Work and Family Vehicle
By Rodger on 12/22/04 07:33 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far this is the best truck I have ever owned. The sound system is awsome, the handling is great, it has a lot of power and great comfort.

Ford F-150 FX4 5.4 Triton
By Ryan Buckley on 12/20/04 22:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 FX4 F-150 is the best truck out on the market. The power from the 5.4 triton is amazing and the overall style is great. I have not had any problems with it and i am very happy with my purchase.

One tough truck
By John C.H. on 11/29/04 15:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Over all this is by far the best truck I have ever owned. 6 trucks in all. Fun to drive, quite, great fit and finish. Good job Ford Motor Co.

F-150
By TONE251 on 11/16/04 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

AN AWESOME AND FUN TRUCK TO DRIVE. POWER AND TORQUE ARE GREAT FOR TOWING!