Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

good truck
By Ken

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had problems with steering vibration right after I bought it. Turned out balancing the tires did the trick, though first time in all the vehicles I've bought I've had to have this done right out of the gate. Ride and handling are great, 5.4 is a little sluggish but acceptable. Love the interior and like the deep bed as it gives more inside space with a tonneau cover. Fuel mileage is ok, compares with the 1/2 ton Chevy I had. Love the looks of the truck, again great ride and handling.

Ride and handling, interior design.

Better pep from the engine, seat could use better padding, gets a little stiff after a long drive, xm radio.

And I thought my Tundra was good........
By TJ Vollman

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my "baby" after having a terrible accident with my Tundra (it was totaled). I swore I would never buy anything but a Tundra (it saved my life) but then I saw the new F150 and it was LOVE at first site. WHAT A MACHINE ! Towing my 24 foot SeaRay became a walk in the park. Built like a tank....rides like a Benz....I'm a Ford Man now and I'm never looking back.

I love the interior design and the smooth quiet ride.

None........you guys did it right.

Awesome King Ranch 4x4
By Wade

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great looking, nice leather and the older the leather gets the better looking. Truck handles well, however is a little on the heavy side.

King Ranch Castano Leather, Dark Stone Metallic Paint Looks Great.

On the radio controls need to be able to use button to go backwards on song selection. Needs a storage compartment in dash like the older model to place a wallet. Would love to have satellite radio to play through existing radio instead of aftermarket, Delphi actually makes Ford radios?

Another Truck Review
By Nick

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, so far only 3,000 miles on it and no complaints. Gas mileage not great but it's a truck. The interior is like a sedan with no engine noise and very little road noise. A/C is not cold; on 100 degree days it can still be warm in the cab. The sound system is lacking power unless you add a amp. or aftermarket speakers. The power of the truck is adequate for the truck size. C'mon your pushing 5500 lbs. of steel. When you step on the gas it will go, it just takes a little bit longer. The new tires that Ford has contracted with is okay, why didn't they make a more common size; it's pretty hard to find a replacement tire. Overall great truck.

The design is great, it looks like a truck not a bug. The interior is straight forward and controls are simple to use.

Let's have cold A/C and a stereo system that has power.

not so happy
By richard alexander

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

When I first got this truck it pulled hard to the left during braking. it took 3 months for them to fix the problem. It has 3 vibrations, 1 in the motor they say it is normal per Ford. They replaced the driveline, they rebuilt the rear end replaced the rotors, the calipers, brakes, and changed something in the fuel economy system. It now gets 16 mpg, through all this I still have two vibrations and a wobble at 35 mph. I now have a different mechanic looking at it. He says it looks like a driveline problem and motor vibration, and something to do with the transmission, due to the 45 to 55 mph vibration.

Exterior and interior is great.

Fix the vibration from v6 motor, driveline, recheck the calipers.