Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2004 FX4 Great Vehicle
By Matt Vinzant

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very dependable truck, i love to drive it, and I love the way it looks. It has great handling, and ride quality. It tows a trailer like there is nothing behind it.

Favorite Features

I like the way it it big and bold, with a modern interior design.

Suggested Improvements

A little faster.

2005 F-150 SuperCrew
By dironk

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It has been a very good truck. I like driving it better than my wife's Infiniti FX-35. She likes riding in it better too. Anytime I ask her which one we are going to take she always says the truck, it's more comfortable. I wished it got a little better mileage; I'm getting 17 to 20. My 2001 SuperCrew got a little better mileage, ran a lot better and had zero problems with it also.

Favorite Features

The 6CD/MP3 player and the whole layout of the interior. Great ride, rides better than a car and will hold or haul a lot more.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, radio controls are not very well thought out, hate the new tilt steering wheel lever, needs white gauges, hate the drive by wire -- there is too much pause when you push the gas pedal down. What was wrong with having an accelerator cable?

We're pleased in Clifton, Virginia!
By Dave and Ann

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2005 Lariat is a well built luxury full size pick up without the Lincoln LT price. We note excellent workmanship with no rattles, loose trim, or mechanical problems after 4,000 miles. We receive lots of positive comments from friends, neighbors, and strangers. The 2005 has improved safety and structural integrity over our two previous F-150's a 1997 and a 2001. The 2005 has more power for towing than our previous 2001 5.4. The 2005 has excellent driveability and is very comfortable on long trips. You are only reminded that you are driving a full size truck when you stop to fill the gas tank (14-19mpg range), but with the need to occasionally pull a horse trailer there is no better option!

Favorite Features

Truck like integrity with luxury car features: power rear windows, upgraded sound system with automatic volume adjustment and powered subwoofer, rear window defrost, climate control, the tailgate torsion bar (one hand operation) and the cost effective factory installed tow package. One nice package!

Suggested Improvements

Add as standard equipment: locking metal gas lid, color key body side moldings, color key rear view mirrors, stool to stand on to lift items into bed! Add as options: XM radio, Onstar service, and fiberglass lid. Upgrade quality of carpet & carpeted floor mats and bumper chrome. Improve gas mileage!

Luv this truck
By RJ in Tejas

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 25,000 miles in one year, am averaging 19.5 on hgwy w/o AC. Drives like a sedan; even my wife loves driving it (when I let her). Wish I ordered a bed extender.

Favorite Features

Ride, interior ergonomics, sound system, good MPG (for a truck), and great looks.

Suggested Improvements

More storage under rear seats; more guts but with a 6 speed auto transmission.

good truck
By Ken

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had problems with steering vibration right after I bought it. Turned out balancing the tires did the trick, though first time in all the vehicles I've bought I've had to have this done right out of the gate. Ride and handling are great, 5.4 is a little sluggish but acceptable. Love the interior and like the deep bed as it gives more inside space with a tonneau cover. Fuel mileage is ok, compares with the 1/2 ton Chevy I had. Love the looks of the truck, again great ride and handling.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Better pep from the engine, seat could use better padding, gets a little stiff after a long drive, xm radio.