2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My New Ford Truck
By Terry Vance on 08/01/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had no problems whatsoever with my new truck. I find it much more comfortable than my 2001 Silverado and I really like the new body style. The Super Crew works great for me.

Great Truck -- My first Ford Product
By Steve on 07/30/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

Ford has finally built the best truck on the market, period. This truck was built for people who drive trucks. The details in the design are great. It rides like a car, drives like my luxury car, and is made like a tank. The only competitor was the Tundra, but it doesn't come close to the quality of this vehicle. The Super Crew has tons of room with the 4 doors. The Triton/5.4L is horse. The LineX bedliner is a must. Great add-on. I'll check back in 10 years when I've put 200,000 miles on it. Awesome job, Ford.

XLT Crewcab w/5.4L
By Tom on 06/22/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

Bought this truck new with the 5.4L engine with the 3:55 positrac rear end. The Dodge is faster, and the Chevy looked bad in the front end, and the Nissan only offers a grey and beige interior, yuk. The truck has not been to the shop for anything other than oil and filters. I now have 15,000 on the truck and am getting 15 to 16.4 mpg driving mostly highway to and from work. It will pull my boat just fine, but the boat is about 2700 lbs, so anything will pull it. The seats are very firm, maybe too firm. I have a hole in my front left part of my drivers seat on the seat cushion. The cause seems to be a sharp piece of seat frame right below it. This is the only thing I can say that isn't good.

Lots of Room
By Michael on 05/27/05 21:32 PM (PDT)

Great buy, only 29 more payments to go.

Truck of Steel
By Superman on 05/17/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

This is the third truck that I have owned and it is by far the best. I have compared the F-150 with the other trucks in its class and it really is the best built truck. The F-150 has a frame that is far superior to any of the competition. This truck also has vented brakes which allows them to cool down faster. The ride is very comfortable and road noise is minimal. I have been getting better gas mileage than what the sticker states (15 in city and 19 highway). So far my average in the city is 17 mpg. Not only is this truck a work horse but its also a great family vehicle. This F-150 also received one of the best crash ratings which gives me peace of mind when driving with the family.

an awesome truck
By luis a gonzalez on 04/30/05 23:56 PM (PDT)

Bought this truck on 3/10/05 and I love it so far. Haven't taken it on any long trips yet, just daily commuting to work, shop, etc. Love the styling in and out, gas mileage so far is 16.5 mpg, not great but this is one big and heavy truck. Smooth, comfortable, and very quiet on the highway, good sounding radio, fit and finish is great. 300 hp v8 is more power than I'll ever need.

My Experience
By Larry Lewis on 02/02/05 22:03 PM (PST)

I am very happy with not only the comfort, but also with the noise level in the cab. It is quiet. I have the large engine which gives me plenty of power and not too bad of gas mileage. Only thing I wish now I had gotten the leather seats.

2004 F150 Super Crew
By Herman on 02/02/05 21:01 PM (PST)

Have 16,000 miles currently with brake problems. At approximately 8,000 miles in for service and required rotors to be turned on front. Now having same problems with bouncing when braking. Will have evaluated soon at Ford dealer. This truck is too new to have rotor/brake problems. Also had rear bumper repair due to rear end collision. Bumper flange on frame was cracked and dealer suggested replacing frame at $5900.00 for relatively minor damage. Reason being the metal the frame is made of cannot be welded on. May be a great frame, not sure about metal composition. Seems that the cost to insure will be passed on to the driver as more of these frames have to be replaced.

One tough truck
By John C.H. on 11/29/04 15:54 PM (PST)

Over all this is by far the best truck I have ever owned. 6 trucks in all. Fun to drive, quite, great fit and finish. Good job Ford Motor Co.