Used 2005 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
Excellent 1/2 Ton
By Aggie86

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have only had this truck a week but already impressed. It's everything I thought it would be and then some. Drove an S-10 for a number of years and really appreciate the additional cab space. Considered a new Ranger but surprisingly was able to by a similarly equipped F-150 cheaper.

Favorite Features

Brakes. Last 1/2 ton I owned was a '66 Ford. Going from 4 wheel drum to 4 wheel disk is an amazing eye opener. Cab space is excellent for 3 wide seating. This vehicle is also exceptionally quiet. The base vinyl seats are very well done. Everyone that has looked at the truck thinks they are leather.

Suggested Improvements

None noted yet, though only have 300 miles in the seat. The 4.2 liter could get a little better mileage. Looks like I'm getting 15 in the city with the automatic transmission. Rated at 20 on the highway.

Full of surprises but still a truck
By Mohawk

This is my 7th Ford truck in 36 years. I was in the market for the F- 150 Super Crew with the Lariat package. When I saw this truck and the price, I changed my mind on the spot. This is the first new truck I have purchased that did not have all the "bells and whistles." It is the basic regular cab with air conditioning and the work truck option. I am pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the ride is. The vinyl captains chairs provide plenty of passenger room and the storage space behind the seat is surprisingly large. I was also surprised at the maximum load capacity. This extra carrying and towing capacity is great. This is the best value truck I have ever purchased regardless of price.

Favorite Features

I love the "doors" that provide access to the behind the seats storage. They make the truck muck more useful.

Suggested Improvements

The only change I would suggest is relocating the window cranks a little higher so you don't have to bend down to roll the windows up or down.