Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

First and Last Ford Truck
By Donkey Kong

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my F150 4x4 used for a very great price during the days of $5 gas, but right out of the gate I have had problems. The 4wd system is a total joke and I have had to have it repaired twice in 2 years, and I only have used 4wd maybe two times. The truck gets even more horrible gas mileage than I expected, around 14mpg, and even though it has a V8 engine it can't even get out of its own way. The power window on the driver side broke and I expect others to give way soon since it is a common issue apparently. Front ball joints also needed to be replaced. All these problems in two years. I should have bought that Toyota tundra.

Styling and ride is very good. Also the "feel good" you get from buying American, until you realize how much time you spend in an American repair shop.

Redesign the 4WD system if not done already. 14 mpg? Nuff said.

Some to like, Some to Not
By flyer

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this superbly maintained low mileage 4X4 with plow, gently used. Good power and interior comfort, but I was disturbed to find both front 4 wheel drive actuators went out at 26,800 miles. It would have been past warranty (because of age, not miles). However, the original owner bought extended warranty, which does transfer, although there is a fee and some effort to get it transferred. It was fixed under warranty. The parts were in stock, which suggests to me this is a common problem. I don't think it's a good sales point that major things break on a vehicle with under 30,000 miles. Otherwise, the truck looks and runs well.

Power, paint quality, depth of box, sits high.

More attention to interior conveniences, better reliability of front hub assembly.

F150 best truck on the market
By James

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 Lariat supercab has been very reliable with no cost of repairs to date (which is good because I've been rough with it at times). It rides smooth for a truck while still being able to haul everything a normal person would ever want. Although it may not have the acceleration of competing models, it is definitely built to withstand the abuse of a what I expect a truck to take.

In addition to it being reliable able to haul everything I want, the heated leather seats are nice on those cold mornings.

Would be nice to improve city mpg but given it is a 5.4 L it is a small price to pay for the other benefits.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.

Power rear slider

Can't think of any. I love this truck. Sure, we could all wish for a truck that gets 50mpg but lets be real. 21-22 on the highway is great as far as I'm concerned.

Don't purchase!
By tadams0512

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck last year with only 42,000 miles and it has been downhill. Have bad cam phasers, replaced spark plugs. Ford wanted $380 due to some possible spark plug breakage in head. Now injectors bad. Overall, a terrible truck build with quality def. not job 1!

Loved outside design. This was why purchased to begin with.

Ford should stand by their products and admit problems and fix at their expense. Will NEVER purchase another Ford product. EVER!