2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Just what I expected
By Mac on 07/16/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I put many miles on a vehicle and this one has been no different. I have owned many cars and trucks and this is one of the more comfortable ones I have owned. I "rigged" this truck up a bit but putting true dual exhaust, cold air intake and super-chip. Very quick for a heavy 4WD pick-up.

get a chevy instead
By nick on 05/28/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

when i bought it seemed to be doing fine, then the transmission went out at 60k right when the waranty expired. gas mileage stinks and its only a 2 wheel drive. went out and bought a chevy instead, they last at least twice as long with allison transmissions.

Still satisfied even with problems
By Craig Taylor on 01/24/09 09:48 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Used for on and off road and towing utility trailer and 26'camper. Have had rear end clutch packs replaced, the front end 4x4 actuator replaced twice,the right side lower ball joint twice and now at 67000km/40000mi the transmission blew leaving me 600 miles from the nearest Ford dealer at a remote Outfitters lodge. I have nothing but praise for my dealer who has listened to my problems and fixed them and I am thankful I bought 84months/75000mi of extended warranty when I bought the truck. Fuel economy is just a little better than my 1996 F-150 with a 302 V8

Built tough
By cds924 on 12/06/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Only problem I had was a few weeks ago at 44000 miles my electronic throttle control went bad. Recall replaced bad fuel injectors, funny ever since they did that the truck flies, very noticeable power change. Other than that its great very smooth on road. On trip from Ohio to Texas received 25+ using cruise control on highway.

Beautiful Ford Truck
By Cary Ling on 10/09/08 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck on one of those love at first sight programs.It has been a great truck and runs and drives excellent. I got the 7 year extended warranty just in case. I still have five years left. I received a notice for a 10 year extended warranty on the fuel injectors but have had no problems at all. I have limited slip and it pulls my boats with ease. It is a powerful engine, (5.4) and feels like the muscle cars of old. I also have and use the back up safety sensors constantly. Gas mileage is not too bad 18-25 on average. I have two six bangers that can't get near what I get with that big V8. The suicide doors on the super cab are great and it looks so good rather then a four door.

Good strong truck
By teeetertotter on 08/10/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck because my other 150 has over 300,000 miles on it and I needed a new one. The engine on this truck is very strong. I don't really care for the electronic throttle control. It's rated at towing 9900 lbs but I've pulled over 14,000 and it pulled it really well. I've compared this truck with the GM truck and this truck seems to be better built. For example on my Suburban the doors are welded to the body and the weld has started to crack. Where as the Ford is bolted to the body frame. The transmission seems to be a little lose and that is supposed to be normal but it is a little annoying. Overall this is a great truck that has a good engine and is really a real truck.

Great Truck, Poor power train
By Rob on 06/01/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 27 months and up until this week I have been very happy with it and its performance. For a 4X4 I constantly saw 15mpg (city) and 20mpg (highway). I have had problems with the truck. Three months ago the 4 wheel drive system would try to engage 4 wheel low while I was driving down the road at 50mph. The local dealer repaired the problem within a day. Just after 37K miles, while driving down the road the truck stopped applying power to the rear wheels. I had the truck towed to the dealership and was informed I would have to replace the transfer case. If you are looking to own a vehicle for an extended period of time I would stay away from this product line.

Still flying in my FX4
By j.m. on 05/29/08 05:44 AM (PDT)

Well it's still going strong for me. Thanks to trailering about 8000lbs worth of horses from Jersey to Ohio, Virginia, etc. I now have close to 70,000 miles on it. I also pull my 66 Mustang to shows with it. What can I say, still in love. So much my other half bought an 08 Super Crew with the long bed. Mine is still squeek and rattle free. That suspension does it all, rides great, handles great, and hauls and tows like a beast. Sure, New Tundra is fast, but it is a tin can. Come on, "triple tech frame?' What is that? The Fords fully boxed frame from stem to stern rocks. The 5.4L does not really get bogged down when hauling or towing. Best truck ever!

Love the truck, But she's thirsty.
By Patry on 04/30/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

I have had nothing but fun driving the truck. Is hard on gas. But it might be the sound of the exhaust and the cold air intake you want to hear.

Great truck
By jeffk123 on 02/11/08 17:03 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great for towing a twenty eight foot camper. Very agile for such a large vehicle. The triton 5.4 v8 is a great engine.