2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
let the buyer beware.....
By ritch5 on 07/15/12 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

i'll start by telling that i am a ford motor company retiree with over 30+ years on the assembly line. my 2005 f-150 has lived up to the problems common to the 5.4L engine. sparkplug issues, timing and cam phasor issues, and a bad cylinder head to name a few. all difficult and expensive to repair. i have confirmed many of these problems with ford dealer mechanics, and private repair shop mechanics. as a group they all confirm that engine issues are becoming a big problem for 2005-2008 ford trucks, vans, and large suv's. the real problem lies with the manufacturer. ford is not backing up their claims of top quality and reliability. what a shame that they deny their responsibility!!!!

Love my Ford
By dlpadilla1 on 05/16/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

God, what to say about this truck.........oh yeah, AWESOME!! I owned this beast for three years before trading her in and that was only due to gas prices........got to the point where I started crying at the pump. The drive quality was great, really smooth ride. The interior was very spacious for my two kids, wife and myself. It definately had power which was evident by the two sets of BFG All-terrains I went through in 11 months, very expensive and stupid replacement, but fun!! Driving up north was a blast, especially uphill, always had power on tap for passing..........please people, stay to the right!

Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell on 12/31/11 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

2005 F150
By brettmorey on 08/14/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great work truck...really enjoy it. Our F150 is equipped with the 231hp 4.6L V8 and it pulls well, accelerates well and feels rugged. After all it's built Ford tough.

Ford doesn't know what recall means
By garageking on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing but problems with fuel injectors. This should clearly be a recall issue but is not and very expensive to fix. Fuel injectors go bad about every 20K. Now the spark plugs need to be replaced and I can't find a mechanic that will do it because they are known to break off. My mechanic replaced just one and it took 3 hours. Very disappointed after having owned Ford trucks for 30 years. Can't wait to switch to something else.

First and Last Ford Truck
By Donkey Kong on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my F150 4x4 used for a very great price during the days of $5 gas, but right out of the gate I have had problems. The 4wd system is a total joke and I have had to have it repaired twice in 2 years, and I only have used 4wd maybe two times. The truck gets even more horrible gas mileage than I expected, around 14mpg, and even though it has a V8 engine it can't even get out of its own way. The power window on the driver side broke and I expect others to give way soon since it is a common issue apparently. Front ball joints also needed to be replaced. All these problems in two years. I should have bought that Toyota tundra.

2005 F150 Supercrew Lariat
By jgt1959 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this pickup for 5 years now and there always seems to be something wrong with it. The air conditioner will not cool in stop and go traffic- only at highway speeds. Ford says there is no problem. The ashtray quit closing, now the CD player in the radio quit working and will not even eject the CDs that are in the machine. Injectors have had to be replaced at less than 70,000. It came with the worst tires I have ever owned and at 70,000 has almost worn out the second set (of high quality, 60,000 mile tires) even with rotation and alignment (which the dealer can't do due to the 20 inch factory rims). This is my fourth Ford PU and the build quality has definitely gone downhill.

Some to like, Some to Not
By flyer on 06/20/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this superbly maintained low mileage 4X4 with plow, gently used. Good power and interior comfort, but I was disturbed to find both front 4 wheel drive actuators went out at 26,800 miles. It would have been past warranty (because of age, not miles). However, the original owner bought extended warranty, which does transfer, although there is a fee and some effort to get it transferred. It was fixed under warranty. The parts were in stock, which suggests to me this is a common problem. I don't think it's a good sales point that major things break on a vehicle with under 30,000 miles. Otherwise, the truck looks and runs well.

F150 best truck on the market
By James on 04/12/10 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 Lariat supercab has been very reliable with no cost of repairs to date (which is good because I've been rough with it at times). It rides smooth for a truck while still being able to haul everything a normal person would ever want. Although it may not have the acceleration of competing models, it is definitely built to withstand the abuse of a what I expect a truck to take.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck on 02/08/10 19:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.