Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Buyer Beware of Engine Failure
By james294

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Truck always regularly maintained and serviced at Ford dealerships. We take care of and expect our vehicles to last. It was running perfect until it immediately began idling rough at a stop. No check engine light, we just know our truck. Took it in for a tune-up (replaced spark plugs, etc.) and oil change. Perfect bill of health - couldn't replicate problem. Long story short - towed it back to Ford - they were able to replicate the problem - oil pressure dropped suddenly - need new $7k+ engine at 68K original miles. Others having same problem, but no recall. Unreal. Plus, while under warranty - had the four wheel drive go out and other engine issues. Not Ford tough.

Favorite Features

Beautiful truck. Rides well.

Suggested Improvements

Recall this engine for the 2005 year. Something is different - different parts in the original design or??? Too many owners are having the exact same problem and spending thousands rebuilding these young engines only to have them blow again.

I HATE Ford after this truck
By littlejohn505

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our truck it 2005. It's an 05 with every problem Ford ever had that year. We have replace 4 window regulators in the driver's side. All ford branded. Cam Phasers, Cam, fuel injector problems, now a whole new motor because the fuel injector blue and flooded cylinder #4 that we have always had problems with. i hate this truck and the money it has cost me.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Stand up for your name and Back your product ford.

UPSET AT FORD
By 05f150owner

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck brand new from a dealer in 2005. Have changed all fluids religiously, except for recalls and bad quality dash ac vents, have replaced them 4 times, all has gone well. Recently after tune-up and all service, my engine failed (No. 5 Cylinder) took into dealer and they stated, change the engine it's flawed. Called Ford, no help. Had it taken apart to repair at the dealer, they called me to compliment me on how new the internal of the engine was. How then did it fail. Dealer says Ford issue. That is not what Ford tells me. I would be ashamed if I was Ford.

Great Truck
By zak0270

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck, absolutely outstanding in performance, it pulls anything that I ask it to, the power and acceleration is excellent and the 4x4 works like its brand new. I have 94,000 miles and still has all factory components. Awesome truck.

recall on all ford 4 wheel drive
By donnys

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my ford f150 in 2007, it had 32000 miles. About 3 month later the 4 wheel drive went out, ya 5000 miles later. I called ford to find out what they would do for me. The customer service was very poor and rude. They wanted to charge me $100 to find out what is wrong with it, on top of what it would cost to fix it. I don't care about paying to have them fix it but to charge me an extra $100 just to find out whats wrong, come on now. After I just payed $30,000 for a truck 3 months early. Toyota doesn't pull that. I like the truck but, the 4 wheel drive has big problems, and customer service suck!!! Going back to Toyota.

Favorite Features

outside looks nice. fun to drive, and it was comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

customer service, 4 wheel drives, buttons on the radio " the paints peeling", stop charging people extra money to find out whats wrong with the vehicle when everyone is having the same problems.