Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2005 f150 horrible
By Rich

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought2005 f150 Lariat new in 05. Put 2 engines and 2 transmissions in it by 13k miles then truck caught on fore and burned to ground. Have had many friends with 04 to 08 that have had major engine trouble. Do not buy!!!!

The best of the worst F-150 2005 keep the rubber
By Earl Weidenhammer

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

my 2005 f-150 with A 5.4 engine as been A very good truck EXCEPT for spark plug replacement no other problems my milage is 127.000 I am lucky to have A very good 2005 f-150 truck

2nd owner NOT happy
By Carl

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Transmissions, 5 in 14 months, mileage 14ish. Lots of road noise. Drivers seat worn out, way too early.

Over 202k miles!
By kgaston

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have logged over 202 thousand miles on this truck since it was bought used in January of 2007. Major repairs: none. Minor repairs: replaced EGR valve at ~175k miles, other than that, it has been just regukar, routine maintenance. My only complaint is the quality of the cloth seats in this vehicle, they easily trap dirt and dust, causing them to stain if so much as a bottle with condensation on the outside is placed in the seat.

Plenty of power, good audio system, plenty of cup holders and storage space up front.

Definitely different cloth material for the seats

Ford F-150 V8 5.4 Liter
By ttfndude

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a worthless truck. They saw this sucker coming a mile away. I bought this truck 5 months ago and have had it in the shop multiple times for issues. Now the is down and they want $500 to see why it went bad or they want $7000 to replace the engine. I wish I had been able to see these reviews prior to buying the truck or I would have bought a junker, they last longer. Long Mcarthur Ford is not concerned they sold me a lemon they knew they did, I was just the unfortunate sucker who got it. Now I have my very first nice newer vehicle I have ever bought as an $11,000 lawn ornament. I guess back to the bargain basement for me.

When it ran

The engine, brake system, and probably other systems I didn't have a chance to break down on me.