2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: 1st Ford I've Owned & Also The

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCab (5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

1st Ford I've Owned & Also The Last
By JPH on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The quality is simply not there. I've taken my truck in for warranty repairs 41 times. That's right, 41. I wish I could pursue lemon laws but it's never the same problem. Performance is pathetic. It can't tow a 3000lb trailer, shifts out of OD at the slightest press of the pedal, return lousy MPG. My 91 Chevy would run circles around this truck. EVERY other 1/2 ton truck on the market has a superior engine than the 5.4. Ford sells truck because they are cheap, no other reason. I'm convinced my truck is a dud & not a true example of Ford, but my experience & service I've received from Ford has guaranteed I'll never be in a blue oval again.

Styling, Inside & Out. It is a very good looking truck.

Dump the 5.4 engine family yesterday, it is truly pathetic. Get a real locking or limited slip rear. Improve interior packaging, the subwoofer & jack take up the entire floor. Bring the MPG up. Even though the new F150 is EPA rated at 21 MPG, in reality it only gets about 14.