2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews 15

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Looks & Value Rocks!
By Mike P on 01/30/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For value where else can you get a V8, 4WD, auto, cruise, 6 CD changer, manual windows, locks and rubber floor for less than $23K? The 3" factory lift and 17" wheel package completes the look. Although an STX semi base model, this truck has everything I need and almost nothing I don't. An XLT for $10 grand more does not compute.

Great Truck
By David B on 01/12/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck in 20 years. I moved from an SUV. The ride is excellent and feels more like a car than truck. But I have had a ton of cargo in the back and it doesn't even act like it's there. Real impressed with quality and finish of truck. I see why Ford is #1.

run away from this truck
By frank on 12/29/04 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I owned this truck for 12 months. It has constantly been in the shop. I will name some of the problems. INJECTORS quited, broke down on way to work, had to tow in. Shifter locked up. could not shift out of park, towed in. Fuel line cracked, had to wait two weeks for parts, TRUCK is rusting on rear panel dealer repair was just bondo. No call back from Ford customer service. every now and then truck turns off while running. I recommend waiting for the new toyota tundra this summer. or looking at Nissian. Ford is Ford and It is going the way of Montgomery Wards, Eastern Airlines, Service merchandise.

Ford F-150 FX4 5.4 Triton
By Ryan Buckley on 12/20/04 22:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 FX4 F-150 is the best truck out on the market. The power from the 5.4 triton is amazing and the overall style is great. I have not had any problems with it and i am very happy with my purchase.

The F-150 I was waiting for..
By Buzza on 11/16/04 10:35 AM (PST)

I waited thru the 2004 class of F-150's knowing Ford had this one in its sights. Couldn't be more enthusiastic about my new ride. Its big!! But handles like an SUV of smaller stance. Ford Quiet Steel, is quiet. Ride/wind/engine noise is minimal. The much talked about outward rear suspension does keep the tailgate behind you on the largest of road bumps. Comfort is unprecedented for a pickup. I will admit I am a bit disappointed by the low end acceleration but when this 5500lb truck gets moving; it moves. It was built to work, and towing with it is NO PROBLEM. That's when you truly trust and appreciate the motor. I'm looking forward to my 100,000+ miles in this Ford

Never buy a new model the first year!
By Dennis Schumaker on 11/14/04 19:08 PM (PST)

The body is a piece of junk. Door trim tore off because of missalignment. Both rear doors have ripples in the steel. Looks like an accordian. Box has paint bubbles. Key sticks in ignition most of the time. Locking rearend had to have clutch pack replaced. (chatter when turning) Transmission never shifts the same. First shift is either jerky or real jerky. Dealer said there was no problem. Heated seat quit working. Some things have been fixed under warrenty, but wavey doors and paint bubbles are still to be repaired. I know it will not ever be as good as it should be, after body work.

Ford F-150
By john koetting on 11/13/04 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck was unlike any truck i have had before. It provide the towing capacity i needed, while still being fun to drive. It does really well offroad, and has excellent acceleration.

04 f-150
By suncity94 on 11/13/04 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

the first truck i have owned and i love it

farm ford
By gmomo on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Operate horse farm have the tow package 10,500 lbs handles well with trailer over steers a bit on tight corners hyway mile/gal is about 17/18 without tow with tow 12/14 level ground (three horse trailer) in town driving 10/12 stop and go 10 all work related use is very good handles well when loaded (trailer or box)

F150
By G Scobee on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great looking truck inside and out, awesome torque, with only a few interior moves this would be the perfect truck.