2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
SuperCab SuperQuiet SuperRoomy SuperTuff
By brokeanddumb on 02/02/05 23:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It's the quietest truck on the market. The bulkhead between you and the engine is "quiet steel". It really works. The engine is a masterpiece. 300hp and 365 lbs ft of torque. More important, 80% of that torque is available at 1000 rpm. Extended cab rear seating has always been a compromise, but I can sit quite comfortably if someone my size is driving. The frame is the strongest in the business. It's the only truck to receive dual 5 star safety ratings. Also the only truck to pass the offset crash test. I've put on as much as 600 miles in a day. Comfy! Steering is tight. I like that. Same goes for handling. I had an '03 and loved it, but this new truck raises the bar.

Ford's always been the best
By Lucky Lady on 02/02/05 23:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had my 2005 for 2 weeks, but it's not the first Ford truck I've owned. I've always found Ford trucks to be reliable, comfortable and able to handle any task I've asked them to perform. So far I'm very satisfied with my new truck and excited about the many adventures that are going to come my way. Of course, with it being a Texas Edition with all the extra chrome, it gets a lot of second looks. LOVE IT!

Loving My Ford Truck
By truckgirl on 02/02/05 22:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a '97 F150 regular cab to purchase the new one. It had been a great vehicle so the decision to replace it with another Ford was fairly easy. We did however, look at and test drive other vehicles. The Titan was no comparison. The Dodge was nice but overall the ride quality and interior comfort far out weighed the Dodge. There is much more room in the backseat for one thing. The ride is smoother, the new suspension system is great. I love my new Ford truck!

Great Truck
By Teresa24j on 02/02/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the interior and exterior of this truck. It has a lot of room and convenience features. This is make my second F-150 which I still own, and they are really good dependable trucks. It really rides very smooth to be a 4X4. I would definitely purchase another.

M.J. 2004 Lariat review
By majenkins on 02/02/05 21:27 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Simply stated this is the best truck on the market, bar none. The new interior design is truly outstanding. The 2004 F150 Lariat is a great truck to drive.

Better Than My 2001
By H. C. Schmitt on 02/02/05 21:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We decided to replace our old truck with the newer version. Wow, this thing is really neat. As a pilot, I know what a vehicle should do, and this one does what it says, including towing our Rinker Cabin Cruiser which weighs almost 10,000 lbs. It is very comfortable and rides better than most cars I've been in. What can I say, it is awesome!

John
By John on 02/02/05 19:48 PM (PST)

I bought this 2004 model F-150 as a replacement to my 2001 F-150 and am very pleased with the '04 model year. I really liked my '01 but it got hit in a wreck and had to be replaced. Would I recommend the 2005 models, darn sure would.

2004 F150 FX4
By iceman on 02/02/05 19:47 PM (PST)

Stepped up from my 98 Dodge Dakota 5.2l 4x4. This F150 is smooth and quiet. Tows great, lots of low rpm grunt. Where the Dodge was screaming rpms to get up hill the F150 pulls at 2000 rpm like a dozer. It also gets great gas mileage compared to the 5.2 liter Dakota. To date with 10k miles truck has been trouble free.

Supercrew F150 review
By L Morrison on 02/02/05 19:46 PM (PST)

Great ride, and solid rattle free construction. Has met all expectations.

Looks & Value Rocks!
By Mike P on 01/30/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For value where else can you get a V8, 4WD, auto, cruise, 6 CD changer, manual windows, locks and rubber floor for less than $23K? The 3" factory lift and 17" wheel package completes the look. Although an STX semi base model, this truck has everything I need and almost nothing I don't. An XLT for $10 grand more does not compute.