Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Awesome Truck
By Andy

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The looks and ride are second to none. I drove the Tacoma, and the Silverado before I bought this one. Just can't say enough great things about this truck. I get compliments from neighbors and coworkers. The interior is laid out nicely, with very user friendly controls. I almost look forward to going to work just so I can drive it there.

Power rear windows, heated rear view mirrors, stereo system, interior room, comfortable ride, no road noise, turn signals on the rear view mirrors, comfortable arm rests, sliding rear window, roomy rear seat, stereo system sound, and the list goes on and on...

Fuel economy. I get about 15 mpg in the city.

We're pleased in Clifton, Virginia!
By Dave and Ann

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2005 Lariat is a well built luxury full size pick up without the Lincoln LT price. We note excellent workmanship with no rattles, loose trim, or mechanical problems after 4,000 miles. We receive lots of positive comments from friends, neighbors, and strangers. The 2005 has improved safety and structural integrity over our two previous F-150's a 1997 and a 2001. The 2005 has more power for towing than our previous 2001 5.4. The 2005 has excellent driveability and is very comfortable on long trips. You are only reminded that you are driving a full size truck when you stop to fill the gas tank (14-19mpg range), but with the need to occasionally pull a horse trailer there is no better option!

Truck like integrity with luxury car features: power rear windows, upgraded sound system with automatic volume adjustment and powered subwoofer, rear window defrost, climate control, the tailgate torsion bar (one hand operation) and the cost effective factory installed tow package. One nice package!

Add as standard equipment: locking metal gas lid, color key body side moldings, color key rear view mirrors, stool to stand on to lift items into bed! Add as options: XM radio, Onstar service, and fiberglass lid. Upgrade quality of carpet & carpeted floor mats and bumper chrome. Improve gas mileage!

good truck
By Ken

Had problems with steering vibration right after I bought it. Turned out balancing the tires did the trick, though first time in all the vehicles I've bought I've had to have this done right out of the gate. Ride and handling are great, 5.4 is a little sluggish but acceptable. Love the interior and like the deep bed as it gives more inside space with a tonneau cover. Fuel mileage is ok, compares with the 1/2 ton Chevy I had. Love the looks of the truck, again great ride and handling.

Ride and handling, interior design.

Better pep from the engine, seat could use better padding, gets a little stiff after a long drive, xm radio.

And I thought my Tundra was good........
By TJ Vollman

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my "baby" after having a terrible accident with my Tundra (it was totaled). I swore I would never buy anything but a Tundra (it saved my life) but then I saw the new F150 and it was LOVE at first site. WHAT A MACHINE ! Towing my 24 foot SeaRay became a walk in the park. Built like a tank....rides like a Benz....I'm a Ford Man now and I'm never looking back.

I love the interior design and the smooth quiet ride.

None........you guys did it right.

Another Truck Review
By Nick

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, so far only 3,000 miles on it and no complaints. Gas mileage not great but it's a truck. The interior is like a sedan with no engine noise and very little road noise. A/C is not cold; on 100 degree days it can still be warm in the cab. The sound system is lacking power unless you add a amp. or aftermarket speakers. The power of the truck is adequate for the truck size. C'mon your pushing 5500 lbs. of steel. When you step on the gas it will go, it just takes a little bit longer. The new tires that Ford has contracted with is okay, why didn't they make a more common size; it's pretty hard to find a replacement tire. Overall great truck.

The design is great, it looks like a truck not a bug. The interior is straight forward and controls are simple to use.

Let's have cold A/C and a stereo system that has power.

• SUV