Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Glad it's only a lease
By Rick Casorio

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One more year to go on the lease then I'm done with Ford. Never get the 4.6L V8, way underpowered. Never buy one with the General Tires, noisiest tire on the planet. Hope you can overcome the electronic throttle lag when you push the gas. Hope you don't buy one like I did that the transmission fried at 12,000k because some seal blew connecting the transmission to the transfer case. Ford doesn't put "new" transmissions in anymore, just rebuilts. And this rebuilt one has been serviced 2 times already and it still doesn't run right. Expect 12mpg in the winter and 15mpg in the summer. Only owned 2 Fords in my lifetime and both have been a disappointment. This is it! Pity too because I get the Ford Discount.

The exterior looks.

Quit looking for the cheapest suppliers to build your products, it shows. Improve reliability and by all means go back to a throttle cable.

Surprisingly high quality!
By Shinbo

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my very first truck that I have ever purchased. After researching and test driving all the competitors (Silverado, Ram, Tundra), I have absolutely no regrets about buying an F-150. The body style is attractive and burly. Ride is quite comfortable, and the overall quality just surpasses everything that I was expecting.

Exterior design. 5.4L V8 never feels like it's lacking power. Factory Roush package (20" wheels, billet grille, chrome running boards, upgraded suspension).

A more sophisticated factory security system. Handles to help rear passengers get into the truck.

love my truck
By brian

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love having a truck that is so luxurious; it turns heads whereever I go. The interior and exterior design are flawless.

Instrument cluster, 5.4 ltr V8, and overall style.

Bed liner and leather seats that are all leather, not a piece of leather for the seat portion and the remainder is vinyl.

Awesome
By Phil71185

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked it up last week and all I can say is wow. I already loaded my 4-wheeler in it and took it out hunting with me. It had no problem at all climbing any of the hills or going down the logging trail that my 2001 Nissan had. It's also a lot better on gas than I thought it would be. 250 miles on it so far and just a little under half a tank left. Would recommend it to anyone. It's one awesome truck.

Extremely large center console and in dash cd changer.

Onboard 120v outlets.

FX4
By GD

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

FX4 with leveling kit, cold intake, Magnaflow dual exhaust. The throttle response is much better with modifications and even a little better gas mileage.

Audiophile sound system, sunroof.

Body panels seem thinner than my 2001 and there are no door guard moldings. I already have a large door ding.

• SUV