Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2005 F-150 SuperCrew
By dironk

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It has been a very good truck. I like driving it better than my wife's Infiniti FX-35. She likes riding in it better too. Anytime I ask her which one we are going to take she always says the truck, it's more comfortable. I wished it got a little better mileage; I'm getting 17 to 20. My 2001 SuperCrew got a little better mileage, ran a lot better and had zero problems with it also.

The 6CD/MP3 player and the whole layout of the interior. Great ride, rides better than a car and will hold or haul a lot more.

Better mileage, radio controls are not very well thought out, hate the new tilt steering wheel lever, needs white gauges, hate the drive by wire -- there is too much pause when you push the gas pedal down. What was wrong with having an accelerator cable?

Luv this truck
By RJ in Tejas

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 25,000 miles in one year, am averaging 19.5 on hgwy w/o AC. Drives like a sedan; even my wife loves driving it (when I let her). Wish I ordered a bed extender.

Ride, interior ergonomics, sound system, good MPG (for a truck), and great looks.

More storage under rear seats; more guts but with a 6 speed auto transmission.

Awesome King Ranch 4x4
By Wade

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great looking, nice leather and the older the leather gets the better looking. Truck handles well, however is a little on the heavy side.

King Ranch Castano Leather, Dark Stone Metallic Paint Looks Great.

On the radio controls need to be able to use button to go backwards on song selection. Needs a storage compartment in dash like the older model to place a wallet. Would love to have satellite radio to play through existing radio instead of aftermarket, Delphi actually makes Ford radios?

Buy Toyota
By Sweets

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

DVD/CD player is much to be desired, cannot hookup iPod or Palm, DVD does not support dual play. Blind spots like crazy, mirrors not heated, engine sits too far back in chassis, thermostat does not work correctly, how can it be 66 all the time? Dealer does not have a clue, typically Ford Junk Found On Road Dead.

Tires, Goodyears are great.

Train mechanics to fix problems, FREE DVD/CD since they work half the time anyway. Tell dealer to give me my money back.

G.O.A.T
By JMcKnight

This truck is a joy to own. My previous vehicle is a 2000 Honda Civic, so you already know the difference. I have finally joined the Ford family along with my wife & in laws.

I love everything about this truck. The compliments are endless. Audiophile system is banging. I didn't know that I had a subwoofer under the seat until about a month after i bought the truck

20" wheel option. Padding on the arm rests. Better back window defroster.