Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2005 SuperCrew
By Scott

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years and this is by far the best all around truck I've ever owned. The interior is top notch quality that rivals my wife's luxury SUV (I won't mention what brand, but it's a direct competitor). The 5.4 Triton offers the power I need, yet still gets very respectable gas mileage. Trucks I've owned in the past have always been weekend warriors, but this truck is my everyday driver, just because it's so much fun to drive. Its handling characteristics are very well mannered for a truck. This is my second Ford in 7 years and I haven't had any problems in 7 years. I will probably be a Ford owner for a long time to come.

I love the quiet interior and striking good looks of the exterior. Looks are bold without going over the top like all the other truck makers on the market that are trying to break the mold by seeing who can come up with the most chopped up body lines and the most backward looking headlights.

The automatic has very tall gear ratios between gears. Offer a 5 speed automatic and throw the 4 speed automatic away. The rest of the truck is perfect.

Nice Truck
By Dan M

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the truck as a leftover 2005 about 2-1/2 months ago. Rebates/discounts were aggressive, making it a good value. I only have 1200 miles on it. The truck rides smooth, very quiet, great interior space, sufficient power. The truck is heavy, so the acceleration is only okay given it has 300 hp. However, I will use it to tow a 6,300 lb travel trailer, so additional mass in the truck helps keep the trailer from pushing the truck around. The rack and pinion steering is very good, it cruises the interstate with great on-center feel. Heated seats are nice in the north country. Moonroof is quiet when open or closed (unlike many other vehicles). If you like it, buy one!

- Interior is very roomy, comfortable, and quiet. - Stereo sounds very good (6-CD player with Audiophile option). - Some of the small options are surprisingly cheap and are useful: electric rear window, electric foot pedal adjustment, and backup sensor. - Very nice looking truck (in my opinion) .

- Some interior hard plastic, soft-touch type would be nice - Front fender liners insufficient. Slop comes through the bumper/body gap making a mess. Also, fog light wiring is exposed - Part-time 4WD is antiquated; "automatic" 4WD, like the Explorer, would be a big plus on marginally slippery days.

Excellent Truck
By Edward

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth F-150 and 2nd Supercrew, there is no other vehicle I would even consider owning. I put over 40,000 miles a year on a vehicle and the ride is always quiet, smooth, comfortable and reliable. Despite all that use they have only ever been in for scheduled maintenance. I'll acquire another vehicle in '07 and it will be another F-150.

Great truck with some problems
By J.C.

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is very nice, especially the interior, but it has vibration problems that have been a major headache. The transmission, along with many other parts, had to be replaced at about 16,000 miles. This doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in this truck. I also have an automatic a/c control module that has been replaced 3 times because of the air shutting off at various times.

The interior is excellent and very comfortable.

It needs a little more power and whole lot better build quality.

Great truck at a great price!
By Jamison Turner

I have been completely satisfied with this vehicle from the day I bought it. It is a great designed vehicle that drives unlike what you would think something this big would handle like. It is extremely roomy and will hold five to six adults without a problem.

Roomy interior, stylish exterior.