Used 2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck!
By Dwain

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wasn't really planning to buy a F150, just looking around. Then a salesman came up and asks what I was looking for and I said maybe a truck. He then asks if I had time to take one out for a ride. Yes I do! So I took this (my) F150 King Ranch out for a spin. Love at first ride. The interior was all leather and it definitely had all the bells and whistles. So I brought it right off the lot! Took a trip from Texas to Georgia. Average at 70 mph between 19.8 to 20.5 mpg. I was happy with that considering that this is a big truck. It can cruse at 80 mph or above easier that you may think! Donít take one for a test drive because your old truck will be jealous and worried! LOL.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, 6 disk CD player and it plays MP3 too, Leather heated seats, Heated mirrors, seat and pedal with button memory adjustment, 3.55 rear end for the gas mileage, Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of anything right now!

F150 King Ranch 05
By Jay Watson

The ability of this vehicle to please me was easy. I traded a 95 XLT 5.8L. The engine was slightly weaker with the 5.4 but all in all performs well.

Favorite Features

The King Ranch addition interior is the best. Luxury at its finest. The new suspension is a vast improvement over the twin I beam. Handling and ride were vastly improved over the '95 I traded.

Suggested Improvements

20" rims and tires. Fill the wheel well. Please review the braking.

faulty transmission
By John

This is my second F150 Super Cab 4x4 King Ranch. The first one I really liked a lot, but this one has what I consider to be serious transmission problems. There is a very hard downshift at lower speeds accompanied by a very noticeable "clanking" noise. I am being told by Ford that this is "normal" for F150 series for the period 2000 through 2005. I simply refuse to buy that kind of excuse for not wanting to make the necessary repairs. My 2003 same model type NEVER had that problem. Road handing is poor, in my view. The ride is very noisy. The engine is sluggish at times.

Favorite Features

The leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Design a transmission that works for ALL their models and/or suggest means of making the necessary adjustments or repairs for those persons experiencing the same type of problems I am.

King Ranch
By Joy Ray

A beautiful truck with fantastic power. Very easy to drive, great visibilty with very few blind spots. All in all a great truck.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, memory settings on drivers seat and pedals that move up and down.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a light in the glove box and ashtray.

Luxury Vehicle With A Bed
By MIKE

I didnít go to buy a King Ranch but when I sat in it I knew it was all over! Such a great ride and the attention to detail was just overwhelming! When you open all the windows and moon roof along with "power" rear window its like a rag top! Every thing gets a "10" with the exception of the gas mileage, but I knew that going in and itís really no problem because this truck is a dream to drive. And I have never heard a better sound system! If you want to turn heads and feel like a "king" then try and find a Ford f150 King Ranch and buy it!

Favorite Features

Handling, heated seats, moon roof, and sound system. I could go on but Iím going out to drive it to the store.

Suggested Improvements

Of course fuel mileage.