Used 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford F-150 V8 5.4 Liter
By ttfndude

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a worthless truck. They saw this sucker coming a mile away. I bought this truck 5 months ago and have had it in the shop multiple times for issues. Now the is down and they want $500 to see why it went bad or they want $7000 to replace the engine. I wish I had been able to see these reviews prior to buying the truck or I would have bought a junker, they last longer. Long Mcarthur Ford is not concerned they sold me a lemon they knew they did, I was just the unfortunate sucker who got it. Now I have my very first nice newer vehicle I have ever bought as an $11,000 lawn ornament. I guess back to the bargain basement for me.

Favorite Features

When it ran

Suggested Improvements

The engine, brake system, and probably other systems I didn't have a chance to break down on me.

2005 F150 Supercrew Lariat
By jgt1959

I have owned this pickup for 5 years now and there always seems to be something wrong with it. The air conditioner will not cool in stop and go traffic- only at highway speeds. Ford says there is no problem. The ashtray quit closing, now the CD player in the radio quit working and will not even eject the CDs that are in the machine. Injectors have had to be replaced at less than 70,000. It came with the worst tires I have ever owned and at 70,000 has almost worn out the second set (of high quality, 60,000 mile tires) even with rotation and alignment (which the dealer can't do due to the 20 inch factory rims). This is my fourth Ford PU and the build quality has definitely gone downhill.

Favorite Features

Safety and road handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve build quality of all accessories including factory trailer package, air conditioning, and radio. Put the twin I beam back in the front or build something that will stay in alignment (which is critical with these newer larger expensive tires). A six foot bed would be handy also.

BEWARE of 5.3 Triton
By Upset Illinois cust.

This is a nice LOOKING truck. BUT.. within 20000 miles the 5.3 triton and drive train have major issues. The interior is great. I enjoy driving it and people tell me its really looks nice. BUT,the ticking noise from the valve train and VCT is just poor workmenship,parts and design. After paying $42,000.00 for this vehicle and four years later having to dump $2000 for engine repair is Wrong. Ford knows the fix and won't recall. I give the truck a 8.7 out of 10for its handling and looks. Ford a 3 out of 10 for allowing this to happen. Warranty stinks.

Favorite Features

The radio ,I had it installed with DVD from local retailer. Not, Ford.

Suggested Improvements

Start helping the customer and recall without restrictions.

Well Built Very Reliable
By bob g

I was a japanese truck buyer for years.. I own a farm in Waco and pull large trailers. I needed something that can pull. My tacoma could not. I bought my 05 Lariat FX4 4x4 Crew brand new with 26 miles expecting to get 80k and dump it. Now i have 211,460 as of right now and has been great. Only repairs were headlight bulbs, tires, fluids, and brakes twice. The 5.4 is a real workhorse and still purs with 211k. Toyota? my tacoma had a new tranny put in at 120k and 195k.. This is far more comfortable. I strongly recommend the Ford F series truck. My next vehicle will be American.

Favorite Features

Leather Seats, great 4x4 system. Pulls 10k trailers through the mud with ease. 5.4 V8 is a must. I hit a tractor in a field doing 30 mph and it held up well. Transmission does not hesitate. Nice deep bed.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Better advertising. Get some folks with high mileage on their trucks on the ads. Several people i know have well over 200 and some 300k on their new body Fords.

Just Another Truck
By Dennis

This is my fourth F-150. Compared to my others, this vehicle has light doors, tailgate, and hood. The ride is rough with the 20" tires.

Favorite Features

I've compared this vehicle side-by-side with all the other full-size trucks. Nothing compares with its inside and outside styling.

Suggested Improvements

Offer truck with power retracting mirrors. Garage doors are 9' 10" or so and vehicle is too wide, without grabbing and turning in a mirror. Get back to "Ford Tough"