2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2005 F150 Supercrew Lariat
By jgt1959 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this pickup for 5 years now and there always seems to be something wrong with it. The air conditioner will not cool in stop and go traffic- only at highway speeds. Ford says there is no problem. The ashtray quit closing, now the CD player in the radio quit working and will not even eject the CDs that are in the machine. Injectors have had to be replaced at less than 70,000. It came with the worst tires I have ever owned and at 70,000 has almost worn out the second set (of high quality, 60,000 mile tires) even with rotation and alignment (which the dealer can't do due to the 20 inch factory rims). This is my fourth Ford PU and the build quality has definitely gone downhill.

BEWARE of 5.3 Triton
By Upset Illinois cust. on 05/06/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

This is a nice LOOKING truck. BUT.. within 20000 miles the 5.3 triton and drive train have major issues. The interior is great. I enjoy driving it and people tell me its really looks nice. BUT,the ticking noise from the valve train and VCT is just poor workmenship,parts and design. After paying $42,000.00 for this vehicle and four years later having to dump $2000 for engine repair is Wrong. Ford knows the fix and won't recall. I give the truck a 8.7 out of 10for its handling and looks. Ford a 3 out of 10 for allowing this to happen. Warranty stinks.

Well Built Very Reliable
By bob g on 04/24/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

I was a japanese truck buyer for years.. I own a farm in Waco and pull large trailers. I needed something that can pull. My tacoma could not. I bought my 05 Lariat FX4 4x4 Crew brand new with 26 miles expecting to get 80k and dump it. Now i have 211,460 as of right now and has been great. Only repairs were headlight bulbs, tires, fluids, and brakes twice. The 5.4 is a real workhorse and still purs with 211k. Toyota? my tacoma had a new tranny put in at 120k and 195k.. This is far more comfortable. I strongly recommend the Ford F series truck. My next vehicle will be American.

Just Another Truck
By Dennis on 03/04/08 05:13 AM (PST)

This is my fourth F-150. Compared to my others, this vehicle has light doors, tailgate, and hood. The ride is rough with the 20" tires.

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
By Shaun on 12/15/07 13:19 PM (PST)

Overall this is a great truck! It's nice to drive a big truck and have all the luxury options to go with it. I can haul almost anything and everything, and still enjoy all of its interior features. The ride is smooth and quiet. The exterior looks sporty and there are many upgrades and accessories that you can to the style of your choosing.

Have you driven a Ford lately!
By sixduces on 05/09/07 07:25 AM (PDT)

I have owned Ford pickups since 1975. Each has been better than the last. I needed a 4 door this time to carry around my grand children. The cab is like a car, roomy and plush. It has given me great service with no need to take it to the shop. Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10

EXCELLENT TRUCK
By GRADY on 06/07/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

Drives better than my wife's 2003 Expedition, better gas mileage than Expedition. Average about 15 mpg town and on the road. You can see the road real well in front of you. Have had no major problems, One minor problem with the trim (double back tape used did not stick in one area), well solid built truck. Ford is putting more quality control into their product.

Great truck with some problems
By J.C. on 12/22/05 11:54 AM (PST)

This truck is very nice, especially the interior, but it has vibration problems that have been a major headache. The transmission, along with many other parts, had to be replaced at about 16,000 miles. This doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in this truck. I also have an automatic a/c control module that has been replaced 3 times because of the air shutting off at various times.

Luv this truck
By RJ in Tejas on 10/18/05 12:19 PM (PDT)

After 25,000 miles in one year, am averaging 19.5 on hgwy w/o AC. Drives like a sedan; even my wife loves driving it (when I let her). Wish I ordered a bed extender.

G.O.A.T
By JMcKnight on 09/09/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

This truck is a joy to own. My previous vehicle is a 2000 Honda Civic, so you already know the difference. I have finally joined the Ford family along with my wife & in laws.