Used 2005 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F150 for life
By f150freak

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second F150 I've owned and I'm so happy with the results! These trucks offer both power, longevity and reliability. I'm at 118k miles, owned this for 2 years and haven't seen a single problem (aside from a cylinder mis-fire which turned out to be a spark plug out of place) I love the look of the truck and the 5.4 is the dominator! The power behind the wheel is awesome, I've taken other (stock) trucks and not that speed is everything, but it holds its own and cleans their clocks. I would absolutely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a lighter truck (non-diesel) that will tow and is fun to drive.

Favorite features is the interior! The look and design is modern and very clean. It's very spacious as well. Another favorite feature is the look as a whole (especially with a lift kit :)

I would only suggest a slight improvement in the seat comfort. Given it's designed a bit more modern than most of it's year, it's not bad at all. But if you're on long drives, I tend to have to reposition myself a bit. Overall, great truck and I will be buying again.

F-150
By sabepero

I love almost everything about the truck. The only thing I wish for is better fuel mileage. The truck ride great. I use it for hunting, the off road features is the best I have ever used. I think Ford has the best looking truck there is. Power is pretty good. I use it to pull a trailer and it can do it no problem. This truck rocks

Nice Truck but typical problems
By David

As everybody else has stated the truck is quiet, smoother than a car, safe and very sharp. I pull a 27' Baja boat and the 5.4 triton has no problems. Everybody compliments on the looks inside and out. Problems: At 30,000 miles all of the brake pads tore apart and had to be replaced, then at 35,000 miles 4 fuel injectors failed (Thankfully it was still under warranty). Which is frustrating because the dealer said Ford knows this is a problem but will not recall it. When we first got the truck we had it in the shop 5x for a whinning noise in the 4X4 when it got below 25deg, they finally fixed it but really could not tell me why it was doing that. The interior sold us on this over the comp

Very roomy, great styling, and lots of power

Gas mileage avg 12-15

I Love My Truck!
By niteowl99

What can I say but ... I LOVE MY TRUCK! Enjoy all the comments by the guys I work with telling me how "good" my truck looks and how big it is. Super nice on long drives, great appearance, has the flow-masters on it and man it has a good throaty growl to it. Just overall, I love my truck!

Engine just "growls", nice ride, great appearance!

GAS MILEAGE!

Love Truck - Hate The Headliner
By Anthony B from NYC

When I purchased this vehicle, I was in awe. After a while the truck began to develop a few rattles but not many as my cars in the past. The most major problem I have encountered with this vehicle was the floppy headliner. I have had to install my own version of a packing foam in the headliner to eliminate the problem. I have currently experienced a problem in cold weather with the headliner tapping sounding as if the rear window is rattling but I have yet to experience any relief. All in all this vehicle was great on long trips. However the retention value is terrible!.

Comfort.