2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F150 for life
By f150freak on 08/21/14 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second F150 I've owned and I'm so happy with the results! These trucks offer both power, longevity and reliability. I'm at 118k miles, owned this for 2 years and haven't seen a single problem (aside from a cylinder mis-fire which turned out to be a spark plug out of place) I love the look of the truck and the 5.4 is the dominator! The power behind the wheel is awesome, I've taken other (stock) trucks and not that speed is everything, but it holds its own and cleans their clocks. I would absolutely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a lighter truck (non-diesel) that will tow and is fun to drive.

F-150
By sabepero on 11/15/08 11:23 AM (PST)

I love almost everything about the truck. The only thing I wish for is better fuel mileage. The truck ride great. I use it for hunting, the off road features is the best I have ever used. I think Ford has the best looking truck there is. Power is pretty good. I use it to pull a trailer and it can do it no problem. This truck rocks

Nice Truck but typical problems
By David on 06/08/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

As everybody else has stated the truck is quiet, smoother than a car, safe and very sharp. I pull a 27' Baja boat and the 5.4 triton has no problems. Everybody compliments on the looks inside and out. Problems: At 30,000 miles all of the brake pads tore apart and had to be replaced, then at 35,000 miles 4 fuel injectors failed (Thankfully it was still under warranty). Which is frustrating because the dealer said Ford knows this is a problem but will not recall it. When we first got the truck we had it in the shop 5x for a whinning noise in the 4X4 when it got below 25deg, they finally fixed it but really could not tell me why it was doing that. The interior sold us on this over the comp

I Love My Truck!
By niteowl99 on 01/20/07 14:06 PM (PST)

What can I say but ... I LOVE MY TRUCK! Enjoy all the comments by the guys I work with telling me how "good" my truck looks and how big it is. Super nice on long drives, great appearance, has the flow-masters on it and man it has a good throaty growl to it. Just overall, I love my truck!

Love Truck - Hate The Headliner
By Anthony B from NYC on 12/24/06 18:59 PM (PST)

When I purchased this vehicle, I was in awe. After a while the truck began to develop a few rattles but not many as my cars in the past. The most major problem I have encountered with this vehicle was the floppy headliner. I have had to install my own version of a packing foam in the headliner to eliminate the problem. I have currently experienced a problem in cold weather with the headliner tapping sounding as if the rear window is rattling but I have yet to experience any relief. All in all this vehicle was great on long trips. However the retention value is terrible!.

WORST F-150
By CDF on 02/16/06 10:18 AM (PST)

I purchased this vehicle new 6 months ago and it has been in the shop 6 times so far. The dealer says they cannot fix the vibration in the rear end after 4 attempts. There have been several different problems. Some parts were not even installed (a/c hose - water was going in floorboard). I can not even get a loaner vehicle while it is being repaired but 2 times. It has currently been at the dealership about 36 days and counting. I'm waiting on a buy-back or replacement. I also have a claim with the BBB AutoLine.

Great Truck
By James A. Istwan on 12/03/05 20:47 PM (PST)

This F-150 has performed well. Engine performance is crisp, the ride is nimble, and the driveability of the truck is impressive. The leather front seats are comfortable, and the interior lay out is convenient for drinks, cell phones, storage areas, etc.

awesome truck
By grd2083 on 11/23/05 20:37 PM (PST)

I purchased this truck for my wife and baby on the way. Safety features are incredible and ride comfort is outstanding. I am very particular about my trucks and have combed over this one front to back and I have to say that the overall quality is unsurpassed. This is the best investment I have ever made. If you are hesitating because you want to drive other makes, DON'T waste your time. This truck is not the fastest 0-60 but can out pull, or haul any other. Not to mention very stylish,roomy, and quiet.

The new truck
By Drjoe on 10/31/05 23:52 PM (PST)

As my first pickup truck this one is great fun on and off road. It carries and tows anything I own. The interior is great. The exterior looks great. It even fits into my garage. The fuel economy is not good averaging 11.5mpg around town and about 15 mpg on the highway towing my boat. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

2004 FX4 Great Vehicle
By Matt Vinzant on 10/27/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

This is a very dependable truck, i love to drive it, and I love the way it looks. It has great handling, and ride quality. It tows a trailer like there is nothing behind it.