Used 2005 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great truck
By Trayscool

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got my truck used with 50K miles and now has 70K. No problems thus far and runs great. The front seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rear, like a limo. I tow a 7000 boat with no problems and plenty of power. The factory stereo is very nice. Wish the gas mileage was a little better but with a big V8 that is what you can expect. My parents have one with 150K on it and o problems as well

Favorite Features

Interior is great. Truck looks great. Very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage which ford has improved one the new models

1ST full size truck
By me

This is my first full size truck and I love it. I drove all of the other tucks before I bought this awesome 150. This truck is super comfortable, drives like a dream, and looks great. This is the time to buy a truck, I got a great price(with some fighting) I highly recommend test driving this truck before you buy anything else.

Favorite Features

Rides great, very smooth, tight on the road.

Suggested Improvements

none

Excellent Truck
By Love this truck!

I enjoy everything on this truck. Smooth ride, nice design, very quiet interior, tons of room. good size truck.

Favorite Features

Huge interior. I love the leather interior and the overall design of it. Very nice exterior too. Black on black can't beat that!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, and more power

10K miles, only one gripe
By frank

I've had this Texas edition SuperCrew for just under a year and the ONLY complaint I have is with the gas mileage. The mileage is just fine on the highway (about 20 mpg as near as I can figure) but in-town I can just about see the needle falling when I sit in traffic or at red lights. And this is with the 4.6L v-8. I've not found this engine to be underpowered at all even with a heavy load in the bed. The interior design is just about perfect, seating front and rear very comfortable with more than adequate leg room in the back. The 6 cd premium sound system ROCKS. It's a nice looking PU that delivers more than just looks.

Favorite Features

The quiet ride, low end torque, the interior design, the exterior design. Go for the premium sound system if you like your music.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a MDS on both v-8 engines. I can live with the highway cruising mileage, but for city driving it's just ridiculous. Nice truck tho!

My Truck
By docinmiss

This is a fine truck. performs well. Never required any repairs. My main problem is seeing where the front end is when parking. My other dislike is the depth of the bed. I cannot reach items in the bed without a stick or rake. I'd prefer a shallower bed myself. It drives extremely well. The ride is smoother than most autos I drive.

Favorite Features

The drive and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Have the bed not as deep.