2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great truck
By Trayscool on 11/21/09 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got my truck used with 50K miles and now has 70K. No problems thus far and runs great. The front seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rear, like a limo. I tow a 7000 boat with no problems and plenty of power. The factory stereo is very nice. Wish the gas mileage was a little better but with a big V8 that is what you can expect. My parents have one with 150K on it and o problems as well

1ST full size truck
By me on 05/26/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

This is my first full size truck and I love it. I drove all of the other tucks before I bought this awesome 150. This truck is super comfortable, drives like a dream, and looks great. This is the time to buy a truck, I got a great price(with some fighting) I highly recommend test driving this truck before you buy anything else.

Excellent Truck
By Love this truck! on 03/22/08 22:56 PM (PDT)

I enjoy everything on this truck. Smooth ride, nice design, very quiet interior, tons of room. good size truck.

10K miles, only one gripe
By frank on 10/18/06 22:36 PM (PDT)

I've had this Texas edition SuperCrew for just under a year and the ONLY complaint I have is with the gas mileage. The mileage is just fine on the highway (about 20 mpg as near as I can figure) but in-town I can just about see the needle falling when I sit in traffic or at red lights. And this is with the 4.6L v-8. I've not found this engine to be underpowered at all even with a heavy load in the bed. The interior design is just about perfect, seating front and rear very comfortable with more than adequate leg room in the back. The 6 cd premium sound system ROCKS. It's a nice looking PU that delivers more than just looks.

My Truck
By docinmiss on 09/16/06 08:16 AM (PDT)

This is a fine truck. performs well. Never required any repairs. My main problem is seeing where the front end is when parking. My other dislike is the depth of the bed. I cannot reach items in the bed without a stick or rake. I'd prefer a shallower bed myself. It drives extremely well. The ride is smoother than most autos I drive.

NICE and FUN, but not perfect!
By james cook on 05/01/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

Plenty of room for yourself the wife and 2 kids. Looks and drives nice. One breakdown within 6 months. Manifold gasket leaked oil onto sensor and brakes went out. Other than that this truck drives well.

2005 Ford XLT Supercrew 4.6L
By Cliff on 03/29/06 12:01 PM (PST)

My Texas edition Ford F-150 is a really good overall truck. Power from the 4.6L engine is lacking and the transmission is always shifting whenever there is the slightest grade in the road. I've had my truck in the shop four times in the last year. First three times was because the air conditioner wasn't blowing cold air. After the third visit, the dealer ship figured out it needed more freon as it wasn't serviced properly at the factory. The fourth visit was because when I applied my brakes, the front end would shimmy. The dealer got it right the first time and machined the rotors. The truck only has 25,000 miles on it, the brakes should not have needed machining that early in their lives.

Excellent Truck
By Edward on 12/22/05 12:55 PM (PST)

This is my fourth F-150 and 2nd Supercrew, there is no other vehicle I would even consider owning. I put over 40,000 miles a year on a vehicle and the ride is always quiet, smooth, comfortable and reliable. Despite all that use they have only ever been in for scheduled maintenance. I'll acquire another vehicle in '07 and it will be another F-150.

Great truck at a great price!
By Jamison Turner on 12/19/05 19:35 PM (PST)

I have been completely satisfied with this vehicle from the day I bought it. It is a great designed vehicle that drives unlike what you would think something this big would handle like. It is extremely roomy and will hold five to six adults without a problem.

2005 F-150 SuperCrew
By dironk on 10/24/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

It has been a very good truck. I like driving it better than my wife's Infiniti FX-35. She likes riding in it better too. Anytime I ask her which one we are going to take she always says the truck, it's more comfortable. I wished it got a little better mileage; I'm getting 17 to 20. My 2001 SuperCrew got a little better mileage, ran a lot better and had zero problems with it also.