Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford F-150 V8 5.4 Liter
By ttfndude

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a worthless truck. They saw this sucker coming a mile away. I bought this truck 5 months ago and have had it in the shop multiple times for issues. Now the is down and they want $500 to see why it went bad or they want $7000 to replace the engine. I wish I had been able to see these reviews prior to buying the truck or I would have bought a junker, they last longer. Long Mcarthur Ford is not concerned they sold me a lemon they knew they did, I was just the unfortunate sucker who got it. Now I have my very first nice newer vehicle I have ever bought as an $11,000 lawn ornament. I guess back to the bargain basement for me.

When it ran

The engine, brake system, and probably other systems I didn't have a chance to break down on me.

Good so far
By brunswick592

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck mid-summer 2014, It had 75k miles on it and was babied by the one owner. I bought it with a 6" suspension lift on 35' Nitto trail grapplers. I had a 2009 Avalanche prior to this and so far I'm liking the Ford better. The truck runs great with the big lift and tires and has no problem getting into gear. My gas mileage is on average 8-10. It's expensive but I knew what I was getting into. From everything I have read, people have had many problems with the 5.4. So far I haven't had any problems, but the ticking noise coming from the engine is only getting louder every oil change. I sure hope she doesn't have any major problems down the road

The leather seats, wood trim, the taillights, the gauges, the overall setup.

interior lights, the oil filter position, backseat cup holders, a sturdier gear box.

F150 for life
By f150freak

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second F150 I've owned and I'm so happy with the results! These trucks offer both power, longevity and reliability. I'm at 118k miles, owned this for 2 years and haven't seen a single problem (aside from a cylinder mis-fire which turned out to be a spark plug out of place) I love the look of the truck and the 5.4 is the dominator! The power behind the wheel is awesome, I've taken other (stock) trucks and not that speed is everything, but it holds its own and cleans their clocks. I would absolutely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a lighter truck (non-diesel) that will tow and is fun to drive.

Favorite features is the interior! The look and design is modern and very clean. It's very spacious as well. Another favorite feature is the look as a whole (especially with a lift kit :)

I would only suggest a slight improvement in the seat comfort. Given it's designed a bit more modern than most of it's year, it's not bad at all. But if you're on long drives, I tend to have to reposition myself a bit. Overall, great truck and I will be buying again.

Buyer Beware of Engine Failure
By james294

Truck always regularly maintained and serviced at Ford dealerships. We take care of and expect our vehicles to last. It was running perfect until it immediately began idling rough at a stop. No check engine light, we just know our truck. Took it in for a tune-up (replaced spark plugs, etc.) and oil change. Perfect bill of health - couldn't replicate problem. Long story short - towed it back to Ford - they were able to replicate the problem - oil pressure dropped suddenly - need new $7k+ engine at 68K original miles. Others having same problem, but no recall. Unreal. Plus, while under warranty - had the four wheel drive go out and other engine issues. Not Ford tough.

Beautiful truck. Rides well.

Recall this engine for the 2005 year. Something is different - different parts in the original design or??? Too many owners are having the exact same problem and spending thousands rebuilding these young engines only to have them blow again.

UPSET AT FORD
By 05f150owner

I purchased my truck brand new from a dealer in 2005. Have changed all fluids religiously, except for recalls and bad quality dash ac vents, have replaced them 4 times, all has gone well. Recently after tune-up and all service, my engine failed (No. 5 Cylinder) took into dealer and they stated, change the engine it's flawed. Called Ford, no help. Had it taken apart to repair at the dealer, they called me to compliment me on how new the internal of the engine was. How then did it fail. Dealer says Ford issue. That is not what Ford tells me. I would be ashamed if I was Ford.