2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Buyer Beware of Engine Failure
By james294 on 06/06/14 06:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Truck always regularly maintained and serviced at Ford dealerships. We take care of and expect our vehicles to last. It was running perfect until it immediately began idling rough at a stop. No check engine light, we just know our truck. Took it in for a tune-up (replaced spark plugs, etc.) and oil change. Perfect bill of health - couldn't replicate problem. Long story short - towed it back to Ford - they were able to replicate the problem - oil pressure dropped suddenly - need new $7k+ engine at 68K original miles. Others having same problem, but no recall. Unreal. Plus, while under warranty - had the four wheel drive go out and other engine issues. Not Ford tough.

UPSET AT FORD
By 05f150owner on 07/30/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

I purchased my truck brand new from a dealer in 2005. Have changed all fluids religiously, except for recalls and bad quality dash ac vents, have replaced them 4 times, all has gone well. Recently after tune-up and all service, my engine failed (No. 5 Cylinder) took into dealer and they stated, change the engine it's flawed. Called Ford, no help. Had it taken apart to repair at the dealer, they called me to compliment me on how new the internal of the engine was. How then did it fail. Dealer says Ford issue. That is not what Ford tells me. I would be ashamed if I was Ford.

Great Truck
By zak0270 on 02/09/13 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck, absolutely outstanding in performance, it pulls anything that I ask it to, the power and acceleration is excellent and the 4x4 works like its brand new. I have 94,000 miles and still has all factory components. Awesome truck.

recall on all ford 4 wheel drive
By donnys on 11/10/12 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my ford f150 in 2007, it had 32000 miles. About 3 month later the 4 wheel drive went out, ya 5000 miles later. I called ford to find out what they would do for me. The customer service was very poor and rude. They wanted to charge me $100 to find out what is wrong with it, on top of what it would cost to fix it. I don't care about paying to have them fix it but to charge me an extra $100 just to find out whats wrong, come on now. After I just payed $30,000 for a truck 3 months early. Toyota doesn't pull that. I like the truck but, the 4 wheel drive has big problems, and customer service suck!!! Going back to Toyota.

let the buyer beware.....
By ritch5 on 07/15/12 10:32 AM (PDT)

i'll start by telling that i am a ford motor company retiree with over 30+ years on the assembly line. my 2005 f-150 has lived up to the problems common to the 5.4L engine. sparkplug issues, timing and cam phasor issues, and a bad cylinder head to name a few. all difficult and expensive to repair. i have confirmed many of these problems with ford dealer mechanics, and private repair shop mechanics. as a group they all confirm that engine issues are becoming a big problem for 2005-2008 ford trucks, vans, and large suv's. the real problem lies with the manufacturer. ford is not backing up their claims of top quality and reliability. what a shame that they deny their responsibility!!!!

Love my Ford
By dlpadilla1 on 05/16/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

God, what to say about this truck.........oh yeah, AWESOME!! I owned this beast for three years before trading her in and that was only due to gas prices........got to the point where I started crying at the pump. The drive quality was great, really smooth ride. The interior was very spacious for my two kids, wife and myself. It definately had power which was evident by the two sets of BFG All-terrains I went through in 11 months, very expensive and stupid replacement, but fun!! Driving up north was a blast, especially uphill, always had power on tap for passing..........please people, stay to the right!

Ford doesn't know what recall means
By garageking on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Nothing but problems with fuel injectors. This should clearly be a recall issue but is not and very expensive to fix. Fuel injectors go bad about every 20K. Now the spark plugs need to be replaced and I can't find a mechanic that will do it because they are known to break off. My mechanic replaced just one and it took 3 hours. Very disappointed after having owned Ford trucks for 30 years. Can't wait to switch to something else.

2005 F150 Supercrew Lariat
By jgt1959 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this pickup for 5 years now and there always seems to be something wrong with it. The air conditioner will not cool in stop and go traffic- only at highway speeds. Ford says there is no problem. The ashtray quit closing, now the CD player in the radio quit working and will not even eject the CDs that are in the machine. Injectors have had to be replaced at less than 70,000. It came with the worst tires I have ever owned and at 70,000 has almost worn out the second set (of high quality, 60,000 mile tires) even with rotation and alignment (which the dealer can't do due to the 20 inch factory rims). This is my fourth Ford PU and the build quality has definitely gone downhill.

Great truck
By Trayscool on 11/21/09 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got my truck used with 50K miles and now has 70K. No problems thus far and runs great. The front seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rear, like a limo. I tow a 7000 boat with no problems and plenty of power. The factory stereo is very nice. Wish the gas mileage was a little better but with a big V8 that is what you can expect. My parents have one with 150K on it and o problems as well

Best Truck In America
By F. T. Kinney on 09/21/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2005 Supercrew King Ranch. This truck is a piece of art in my opinion. It could not be more comfortable or look any more appealing to the eye. The Truck is a work horse and has all the power anyone could expect and a ride that is of the luxury car type. Anyone that is considering a truck for the long haul should look into a F series! Well worth the money!!!