Used 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F150 best truck on the market
By James

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 Lariat supercab has been very reliable with no cost of repairs to date (which is good because I've been rough with it at times). It rides smooth for a truck while still being able to haul everything a normal person would ever want. Although it may not have the acceleration of competing models, it is definitely built to withstand the abuse of a what I expect a truck to take.

In addition to it being reliable able to haul everything I want, the heated leather seats are nice on those cold mornings.

Would be nice to improve city mpg but given it is a 5.4 L it is a small price to pay for the other benefits.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.

Power rear slider

Can't think of any. I love this truck. Sure, we could all wish for a truck that gets 50mpg but lets be real. 21-22 on the highway is great as far as I'm concerned.

My F-150
By No Name

Don't like the limited use guidelines when in 4 wheel drive on pavement. Steering while in 4 wheel drive binds up a bit when in tight turns. MPG has averaged 12.5 - 12.7.

Cabin is spacious, very nice ride, front visibility is good. Overall it's a 9 in my opinion.

Better MPG in big V8. As with Chevy, an automatic 4 wheel drive option as well as 4 high & 4 low.

great truck
By bud

Nice truck but I needed a new engine at 3,000 miles and Ford wanted me to pay for a rental. Constant clunking from the tranny. Oh and good luck changing the spark plugs as they snap off in the head.

Interior.

New spark plugs.

love my truck
By brian

I love having a truck that is so luxurious; it turns heads whereever I go. The interior and exterior design are flawless.

Instrument cluster, 5.4 ltr V8, and overall style.

Bed liner and leather seats that are all leather, not a piece of leather for the seat portion and the remainder is vinyl.