2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F150 best truck on the market
By James on 04/12/10 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 Lariat supercab has been very reliable with no cost of repairs to date (which is good because I've been rough with it at times). It rides smooth for a truck while still being able to haul everything a normal person would ever want. Although it may not have the acceleration of competing models, it is definitely built to withstand the abuse of a what I expect a truck to take.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck on 02/08/10 19:31 PM (PST)

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.

My F-150
By No Name on 02/19/06 19:12 PM (PST)

Don't like the limited use guidelines when in 4 wheel drive on pavement. Steering while in 4 wheel drive binds up a bit when in tight turns. MPG has averaged 12.5 - 12.7.

great truck
By bud on 02/12/06 12:16 PM (PST)

Nice truck but I needed a new engine at 3,000 miles and Ford wanted me to pay for a rental. Constant clunking from the tranny. Oh and good luck changing the spark plugs as they snap off in the head.

love my truck
By brian on 01/02/06 22:51 PM (PST)

I love having a truck that is so luxurious; it turns heads whereever I go. The interior and exterior design are flawless.

Lariat F150
By Bob on 08/21/05 12:19 PM (PDT)

I wanted an upgrade from the 1995 basic F150 I traded in. I feel good riding in it, looking at it, washing it and getting numerous complements. I plan on keeping this one longer then the previous truck.

Great Ride - Poor Brakes
By D. Whiddon on 08/10/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

Very enjoyable to drive but I have had to replace the brake rotors twice in 15 months. Brake dust is also a nuisance. Fit and finish are nice, very comfortable to drive. Gas mileage is poor - but you have to expect that when you purchase this vehicle.

LOVE MY FORD F150
By MARTHA on 07/24/05 06:05 AM (PDT)

I have had this truck for 8 months and love every inch of it. Well worth the money and it is just a beauty to drive and own. This makes my third truck and love it more than any vehicle I have ever owned. This is the 6th Ford truck in my family over the past 20 years. My dad and brothers drive Fords. After all -- is there any other truck out there?

Love my truck
By julia cancio on 04/16/05 07:28 AM (PDT)

We looked at all the trucks in the market . Drove them all this truck is so quiet you can drive all day an never get tired. In the first week we put 2500 miles on it . My husband love it so much he got one too. The best thing about it was the day we test drove it and did a quick stop and the salesman hit the back of my seat. It stopped better than the Tundra; we almost hit a car in that test drive.

My Ford
By Michael G Strother on 03/05/05 08:59 AM (PST)

I have owned my truck for only two months. The comfort and initial quality of the vehicle are outstanding. It provides a smooth quiet ride and plenty of power to get the job done. The steering and handling are superb, especially considering the size of the vehicle. The appearance and styling of the vehicle is second to none. No other truck on the market, in my opinion, can match the tough, bold, appearance of the Ford.