2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F-150 larriet
By Ray m. alvarez on 01/04/07 16:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is great and comfortable on the highway, and the ride is so smooth, it's like riding in a luxury car. The only gripe I have is the gas mileage, but I guess it's because I have the large v-8 motor. I have 36000 miles on it and the mileage is about 17 highway. Although that's not good gas mileage but a lot better than the Dodge of the same size.

Great Truck
By Bailey on 06/17/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

I have had the two body styles before this truck. Hands down, this is the best F150 they have built. Great driving and running truck. I love the fact that I can have a full size truck with 4 doors and it fits in my garage perfect. I was worried about the 5 foot 5 inch bed but it has never been a problem.

Mechanic owned
By Randy111333 on 05/20/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

I like the truck a lot. I did have a problem with a vibration in the steering wheel at 55mph and up. They fixed that with new tires. The steering wheel is sensitive to bumps when at highway speed. It does not idle as smooth as I think it should when the engine is cold and some times in traffic. I need to take it in for this. Other than that I like it.

150
By Charlotte Sowell on 04/30/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

I love my Ford 150 - hope to upgrade soon. Only thing I feel needs improving in seat covers, they stain too easy. Smooth ride for pick up and excellent view of the road. I will buy another one as soon as I am able.

My 6th Ford Truck!
By Ford Family AR on 03/05/06 22:17 PM (PST)

Hey Folks! In our family our 4 door 2005 F150 is called Big Daddy. It has quickly become our daily driver due to its comfort, power, and ease to drive. We almost fight over the keys to see who gets to drive it. It has the 5.4L engine which gets OK MPG, has plenty of room for five adults or two cowboys and lots of gear. We pull horse trailers and it never even shifts down pulling hills. We love our Ford F150 and when this one gets 250,000 miles we will replace it with another Ford F-150!

F 150 XLT
By o maser on 07/19/05 04:29 AM (PDT)

Bouncy rear end, and clatter on front drivers side; dealer can't find clatter and claims soft and bouncy rear end is normal and can do nothing about it. I had a more stable ride and control on my 1997 Ford F 150 XLT. Can I trade back?

Good Truck....
By Jesus on 06/14/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

Truck runs pretty good. I got mine used but it runs very well. The only thing is that it's too sluggish when it come to accelerating from being stopped when compared to, say the Toyota. After its starts moving it moves. Design-wise it's pretty good, that's why I bought it instead of getting the Toyota Tundra which has a plain interior design. The right is really smooth and quiet. I wish that they would of put in an engine with more horsepower to make up for the additional weight.

Loving My Ford Truck
By truckgirl on 02/02/05 22:48 PM (PST)

I traded in a '97 F150 regular cab to purchase the new one. It had been a great vehicle so the decision to replace it with another Ford was fairly easy. We did however, look at and test drive other vehicles. The Titan was no comparison. The Dodge was nice but overall the ride quality and interior comfort far out weighed the Dodge. There is much more room in the backseat for one thing. The ride is smoother, the new suspension system is great. I love my new Ford truck!