2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Good Truck
By stuto1 on 08/14/14 07:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Its been a good work truck and it still runs strong like the day I bought it in January of 06. Problems: 2 window regulators, spark plugs breaking when being replaced(actually only 1 broke in 2 separate incidences but most places want to charge big money to replace them), had a part in the differential wear out around 100k(cost me $800 to fix). Good: 182k miles and should be able to go over 200k but I have keep up on most of the maintenance pretty good especially the oil changes. I've never towed with it and I don't know if I'd buy a similar truck with high miles not knowing the history. Hope this helps someone!

Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell on 12/31/11 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

First and Last Ford Truck
By Donkey Kong on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my F150 4x4 used for a very great price during the days of $5 gas, but right out of the gate I have had problems. The 4wd system is a total joke and I have had to have it repaired twice in 2 years, and I only have used 4wd maybe two times. The truck gets even more horrible gas mileage than I expected, around 14mpg, and even though it has a V8 engine it can't even get out of its own way. The power window on the driver side broke and I expect others to give way soon since it is a common issue apparently. Front ball joints also needed to be replaced. All these problems in two years. I should have bought that Toyota tundra.

Some to like, Some to Not
By flyer on 06/20/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this superbly maintained low mileage 4X4 with plow, gently used. Good power and interior comfort, but I was disturbed to find both front 4 wheel drive actuators went out at 26,800 miles. It would have been past warranty (because of age, not miles). However, the original owner bought extended warranty, which does transfer, although there is a fee and some effort to get it transferred. It was fixed under warranty. The parts were in stock, which suggests to me this is a common problem. I don't think it's a good sales point that major things break on a vehicle with under 30,000 miles. Otherwise, the truck looks and runs well.

F150 best truck on the market
By James on 04/12/10 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 Lariat supercab has been very reliable with no cost of repairs to date (which is good because I've been rough with it at times). It rides smooth for a truck while still being able to haul everything a normal person would ever want. Although it may not have the acceleration of competing models, it is definitely built to withstand the abuse of a what I expect a truck to take.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck on 02/08/10 19:31 PM (PST)

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.

Don't purchase!
By tadams0512 on 01/16/10 23:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck last year with only 42,000 miles and it has been downhill. Have bad cam phasers, replaced spark plugs. Ford wanted $380 due to some possible spark plug breakage in head. Now injectors bad. Overall, a terrible truck build with quality def. not job 1!

Proud American
By Mark on 10/14/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven Fords. This one is the best! Power, ride, and quality. Truck is my dailey driver and gas mileage is okay for a big truck.(avg 17)Ford dealers here are great, back up the product. People need to do the research, Americans still and do build the best vechiles.

Not a bad choice
By fear the voices on 09/26/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the selection of trucks available, the F150 isn't a bad choice. I bought mine used due to the bargain price I paid for it. General ride and handling are good for a truck this size. Performance for the 4.6L engine is rather lethargic though. Rated at only 230 hp for 2005, it is merely sufficient for the weight it has to contend with. My previous Ranger with a 4.0L and 4WD would easily put this thing to shame in all performance categories. However, fuel mileage for both trucks are much the same, about 14-15 mpg for the mostly spirited stop and go driving I do. I prefer the styling over the '09 model year which is way too boxy now, '04-08 was sleek w/o looking overly squared off.

1st Ford I've Owned & Also The Last
By JPH on 08/29/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The quality is simply not there. I've taken my truck in for warranty repairs 41 times. That's right, 41. I wish I could pursue lemon laws but it's never the same problem. Performance is pathetic. It can't tow a 3000lb trailer, shifts out of OD at the slightest press of the pedal, return lousy MPG. My 91 Chevy would run circles around this truck. EVERY other 1/2 ton truck on the market has a superior engine than the 5.4. Ford sells truck because they are cheap, no other reason. I'm convinced my truck is a dud & not a true example of Ford, but my experience & service I've received from Ford has guaranteed I'll never be in a blue oval again.