Used 2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I HATE Ford after this truck
By littlejohn505

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our truck it 2005. It's an 05 with every problem Ford ever had that year. We have replace 4 window regulators in the driver's side. All ford branded. Cam Phasers, Cam, fuel injector problems, now a whole new motor because the fuel injector blue and flooded cylinder #4 that we have always had problems with. i hate this truck and the money it has cost me.

None

Stand up for your name and Back your product ford.

Built Ford tough!
By theboss3350

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 05 f150 v6 back in 2009 and has never giving me any problems. It started off at 19,000 miles and just hit 70,000.This truck is great if your looking for something dependable and big. my only problem would be the lack of power and torque. It is very safe too I got rear ended by a expedition at a red light and it only made a small dent in my bumper. The passenger air bag also shuts off when a child is in the front, this feature could save a life.

Lift assist on the tailgate, powerful AC / heater, interior lights cut off after a few min to keep battery from dieing if someone forgets to turn off a light .

More Horsepower !!!!!!

2005 F150
By brettmorey

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great work truck...really enjoy it. Our F150 is equipped with the 231hp 4.6L V8 and it pulls well, accelerates well and feels rugged. After all it's built Ford tough.

Just saying
By kgaston

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

"engeneers need to improve the drive train". This is clearly the best drivetrain I have ever seen in a truck. The Allison is nowhere near as good as this seeing as if you do not change the fluids in the Allison religiously, it will fail quickly. The stereo package is one of the best I've seen in a truck and I enjoy the responsive throttle and brakes. The ride is much more superior than any Chevy or Dodge I've driven.

the stereo, power, and ride

Offer a standard V-8

Bang for the buck
By Happy Camper

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck a couple years after buying my house. Needed something to make those trips to home Depot. As usual, the occasional need arises to ask the truck to do more than expected. And with the 4.2 V-6, I was a little concerned about it's ability to provide adequate power. The chassis build was never a concern. Honestly, the sluggish feel from the V6 doesn't fully demonstrate it's full potential under load. It actually starts to behave like the famous 300ci in-line six. I was quite surprised when I hooked up my new 27' travel trailer, and was reaching for the overdrive button at highway speeds. Have towed a 66 Mustang on a Uhaul trailer, and 2000' of stone in the box. Not one problem

Capacity, brakes, towing, engine and drivetrain performance, functionality, dependability, ride, confident handling.

Not much, maybe more glove box space. I like this truck a lot, so won't get to buy a new one for many more years.