2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell on 12/31/11 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

2005 F-150 FX4
By Andy Johansons on 11/29/06 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My driving consists mostly of city driving. Even though this is a pick-up truck, I have found that I can use this vehicle for everyday, get around type of driving. There is enough room in the cab to take the kids to school, go shopping, or pack luggage for vacation. Plus, when I need to, I can load up the "bed" for anything else. It rides great, the seats are awesome, and the fit and finish are excellent. Maintenance has been minimal. Although I had to have the rotors turned to remove brake "shimmy". Outside of that, it's been scheduled maintenance.

Cadillac of all trucks
By JAY STEINER on 08/15/06 06:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had Dodges and Chevys and they were ok. But this truck is great. This truck is everything I hoped for. Outstanding performance. I want to drive it every day, but want to conserve the mileage. Love the quiet ride. I ride in my son's RAV4 and it generates more noise than a semi. The sound deadening is an awesome feature. Because of the horsepower and the lack of engine or road noise I have to use the cruse control to keep from speeding. Had to go a second dealer. The first lost the deal over a $150 set of running boards. Pull a boat that weighs in 7000 lbs. don't even know it is behind you. I like the 5.4L Great reliability. Highly recommended.

STYLE & COMFORT
By D.P. on 07/29/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd F150 in 6 months. I drive for a living and this is the most comfortable truck that I have driven. I love the interior with the FX4 pkg, it is very "user friendly". My wife also feels very comfortable driving this vehicle.

Great Truck
By Teresa24j on 02/02/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the interior and exterior of this truck. It has a lot of room and convenience features. This is make my second F-150 which I still own, and they are really good dependable trucks. It really rides very smooth to be a 4X4. I would definitely purchase another.

2004 F150 FX4
By iceman on 02/02/05 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Stepped up from my 98 Dodge Dakota 5.2l 4x4. This F150 is smooth and quiet. Tows great, lots of low rpm grunt. Where the Dodge was screaming rpms to get up hill the F150 pulls at 2000 rpm like a dozer. It also gets great gas mileage compared to the 5.2 liter Dakota. To date with 10k miles truck has been trouble free.

FX4
By John916 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my '04 truck in September and so far so good. I know its a Ford, but I took a big chance in buying it. The interior is the best in its class! The engine is a little slow, but it does well. Honestly, the truck handles like a car.