Used 2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

Favorite Features

The ease of 4X4, ride and power.

2005 F-150 FX4
By Andy Johansons

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My driving consists mostly of city driving. Even though this is a pick-up truck, I have found that I can use this vehicle for everyday, get around type of driving. There is enough room in the cab to take the kids to school, go shopping, or pack luggage for vacation. Plus, when I need to, I can load up the "bed" for anything else. It rides great, the seats are awesome, and the fit and finish are excellent. Maintenance has been minimal. Although I had to have the rotors turned to remove brake "shimmy". Outside of that, it's been scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Interior: seats are great, supportive and comfortable. I like the center console with shifter. Fit and finish are great. Rides great. Good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more horsepower. Ford needs to improve on the performance aspect.

Cadillac of all trucks
By JAY STEINER

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had Dodges and Chevys and they were ok. But this truck is great. This truck is everything I hoped for. Outstanding performance. I want to drive it every day, but want to conserve the mileage. Love the quiet ride. I ride in my son's RAV4 and it generates more noise than a semi. The sound deadening is an awesome feature. Because of the horsepower and the lack of engine or road noise I have to use the cruse control to keep from speeding. Had to go a second dealer. The first lost the deal over a $150 set of running boards. Pull a boat that weighs in 7000 lbs. don't even know it is behind you. I like the 5.4L Great reliability. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

I like the ride. Extremely quiet and smooth. Rides better that most sedan cars. Like the interior design of the FX4's. The instrument cluster is classy. I have the captains chairs with the center console shift, cool option.. You can't get that in a Hemi.

Suggested Improvements

One minor detail. To the guys and gals out there be cautious with pressure washers, it will blast off the black paint on your F150 chrome decals. Ford could do a better application here.

STYLE & COMFORT
By D.P.

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd F150 in 6 months. I drive for a living and this is the most comfortable truck that I have driven. I love the interior with the FX4 pkg, it is very "user friendly". My wife also feels very comfortable driving this vehicle.

Favorite Features

I love the interior! The moonroof sold me. Low end is incredible.

Suggested Improvements

Make rear sensors standard.

Great Truck
By Teresa24j

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the interior and exterior of this truck. It has a lot of room and convenience features. This is make my second F-150 which I still own, and they are really good dependable trucks. It really rides very smooth to be a 4X4. I would definitely purchase another.

Favorite Features

Interior, room, and bold look of the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to make needed improvements on the fuel mileage of most all their new vehicles.