Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

a keeper
By chuck

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am the second owner of this truck. So far (158,0000 miles) great 4 wheel drive performance, good power, comfortable. Cloth seats wore out fast. a set of Wet Okole seat covers were in order. The front component of the 4 wheel drive went out because of a poorly designed vacuum part. I was able to fix it all myself in my garage for under $500.00. All in all, this has been a great truck.

Reliable truck
By Paul

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always check the vehicle over good and do really good car fax reports. This truck has been awesome it's a beast, drives great, pulls great and is very dependable. I bought the truck with 163,000 miles and now it has 229,000 miles on it motor good, trans good and the interior also good but My only concern is I think the rear ended maybe going out, but this far I am really happy with the truck.

2005 f150 lariat
By John

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Check that its had good maintenance mine is at 172000 still running strong

STAY AWAY
By Gavin

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had a ford ranger growing up and liked it, I had a couple of dodges and decided that I would try a ford supercrew I mean it's been the best selling truck for ever. It was a bad decision. First of all the good, I loved the room in the back seat also the air vents I loved how you could point them right at you. The gas mileage was a little better. Now for the bad, first things first the front seats are terrible!!! Killed my back!! So uncomfortable!! It wasn't as wide as the dodges. The bed is too short trying to work construction with it. The 4 wheel drive didn't work very good. It had so many little problems!! The thing that made me sell it was when I was on vacation and the transmission started going out on me and that was it. I never could trust this truck. So I went back to a dodge and am so glad!! That truck was a piece of crap!! Don't get one, run away!! This was all under 90, 000 miles.

Transmission issues
By Kelley

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission issues at 170000 truck was running perfect and then one day the transmission just went out . Fluid's word checked regularly and failed regular oil changes haven't had any other issues except with the oil filter . But the transmission on this truck is known for going out otherwise I love my truck