2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
UPSET AT FORD
By 05f150owner on 07/30/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck brand new from a dealer in 2005. Have changed all fluids religiously, except for recalls and bad quality dash ac vents, have replaced them 4 times, all has gone well. Recently after tune-up and all service, my engine failed (No. 5 Cylinder) took into dealer and they stated, change the engine it's flawed. Called Ford, no help. Had it taken apart to repair at the dealer, they called me to compliment me on how new the internal of the engine was. How then did it fail. Dealer says Ford issue. That is not what Ford tells me. I would be ashamed if I was Ford.

Great Truck
By zak0270 on 02/09/13 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck, absolutely outstanding in performance, it pulls anything that I ask it to, the power and acceleration is excellent and the 4x4 works like its brand new. I have 94,000 miles and still has all factory components. Awesome truck.

recall on all ford 4 wheel drive
By donnys on 11/10/12 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my ford f150 in 2007, it had 32000 miles. About 3 month later the 4 wheel drive went out, ya 5000 miles later. I called ford to find out what they would do for me. The customer service was very poor and rude. They wanted to charge me $100 to find out what is wrong with it, on top of what it would cost to fix it. I don't care about paying to have them fix it but to charge me an extra $100 just to find out whats wrong, come on now. After I just payed $30,000 for a truck 3 months early. Toyota doesn't pull that. I like the truck but, the 4 wheel drive has big problems, and customer service suck!!! Going back to Toyota.

Built Ford tough!
By theboss3350 on 07/22/12 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 05 f150 v6 back in 2009 and has never giving me any problems. It started off at 19,000 miles and just hit 70,000.This truck is great if your looking for something dependable and big. my only problem would be the lack of power and torque. It is very safe too I got rear ended by a expedition at a red light and it only made a small dent in my bumper. The passenger air bag also shuts off when a child is in the front, this feature could save a life.

let the buyer beware.....
By ritch5 on 07/15/12 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

i'll start by telling that i am a ford motor company retiree with over 30+ years on the assembly line. my 2005 f-150 has lived up to the problems common to the 5.4L engine. sparkplug issues, timing and cam phasor issues, and a bad cylinder head to name a few. all difficult and expensive to repair. i have confirmed many of these problems with ford dealer mechanics, and private repair shop mechanics. as a group they all confirm that engine issues are becoming a big problem for 2005-2008 ford trucks, vans, and large suv's. the real problem lies with the manufacturer. ford is not backing up their claims of top quality and reliability. what a shame that they deny their responsibility!!!!

Love my Ford
By dlpadilla1 on 05/16/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

God, what to say about this truck.........oh yeah, AWESOME!! I owned this beast for three years before trading her in and that was only due to gas prices........got to the point where I started crying at the pump. The drive quality was great, really smooth ride. The interior was very spacious for my two kids, wife and myself. It definately had power which was evident by the two sets of BFG All-terrains I went through in 11 months, very expensive and stupid replacement, but fun!! Driving up north was a blast, especially uphill, always had power on tap for passing..........please people, stay to the right!

Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell on 12/31/11 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

2005 F150
By brettmorey on 08/14/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great work truck...really enjoy it. Our F150 is equipped with the 231hp 4.6L V8 and it pulls well, accelerates well and feels rugged. After all it's built Ford tough.

Ford doesn't know what recall means
By garageking on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing but problems with fuel injectors. This should clearly be a recall issue but is not and very expensive to fix. Fuel injectors go bad about every 20K. Now the spark plugs need to be replaced and I can't find a mechanic that will do it because they are known to break off. My mechanic replaced just one and it took 3 hours. Very disappointed after having owned Ford trucks for 30 years. Can't wait to switch to something else.

First and Last Ford Truck
By Donkey Kong on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my F150 4x4 used for a very great price during the days of $5 gas, but right out of the gate I have had problems. The 4wd system is a total joke and I have had to have it repaired twice in 2 years, and I only have used 4wd maybe two times. The truck gets even more horrible gas mileage than I expected, around 14mpg, and even though it has a V8 engine it can't even get out of its own way. The power window on the driver side broke and I expect others to give way soon since it is a common issue apparently. Front ball joints also needed to be replaced. All these problems in two years. I should have bought that Toyota tundra.