2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Yellow STX in TX

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

STX SuperCab (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Yellow STX in TX
By henry on

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 98 XLT x-cab (great truck) for a 2004 bazing yellow STX x-cab, stepside that is loaded with goodies like, 3:55 posi, foglites, tow package, 17" alloys, factory tint, power pedals, factory running boards, sliding rear window, 6 disc in-dash premium sound, cruise, and carpet. I was used to the XLT pkg; in comparing the two, all this STX lacks is power windows and a tach. They both have a 4.6 v8, the `04 has 30 more hp hooked to a 3:55 posi, by far better traction.The`04 is heaver, yet much more responsive, safer and surefooted.The new F-150 feels more solid and confident than it did before. I always thought Chevy trucks were the most solid, well-built, until I drove both of them (`04). While the Chevy has better front seats,the Ford was more user friendly.

Favorite Features

I love the new body style. My bro has a black`04 x-cab regular bed, but they look like completely different trucks just the way the colors highlight the sharp bodylines.This yellow stepside is one of very few around. People always stop to look and compliment, even guys in in new Dodge trucks! Great truck!

Suggested Improvements

Auto transmission shifts too soon. Down shift too slow. How about some comfy front seats! More color options or color schemes that highlight the body lines, they are great lines and the right combos can really make them stand out. I do miss body molding, not the look, just the protection.