Until gas is $5.00/gallon....
By EJ on
2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I've tried to convince myself to look at other vehicles (for fuel economy only), but I can't get away from Ford F Series! This is my third one; I've leased a 2000 XLT, 2002 XLT, and now a 2004 XLT. My lease on the '04 is up in six months, and I'll be stepping up to a SuperCrew (but sticking to an XLT). I love the interior room (I'm 6'5" and have plenty of headroom to spare), along with the big captain's chairs. My '02 had a bench seat in the front, but I missed having that huge center console. I don't mind the simple plastic features of the dash; if I wanted luxury, I wouldn't be in a truck. The radio is fine; plus, the cabin is SO quiet, you don't need a loud sound system.
Favorite Features
Lots of interior head, foot, and body room. Big center console and bucket seats. Extremely quiet driving, even at 80 MPH. Smooth acceleration. Bold appearance. Drives like a Cadillac. Very powerful 5.4 liter V8 engine.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of those squeaky brakes and the annoying brake dust on the wheels! I have to wash the front wheels once a week to keep them clean. Dealers told me there's nothing wrong with the brakes. They feel fine, but make much noise. Fuel economy to improve with a hybrid coming in '08? Rumor?