2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Impressed

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCrew (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

By bigdog on

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I worked for two summers to save up for my first car and I am so glad I chose this one. I payed about 2000 under KBB for the truck and am really happy with my purchase. The only problem I have noticed is that when large amounts of water run off of the back of the roof small amounts leak into the vehicle. I have since been informed that it is a defect with the upper brake light and will get it fixed soon. The four wheel drive is far beyond what I expected and I have pulled out two Dodge's and an FJ cruiser thus far. Soon to be lifted as well

The four wheel drive and off-road performance are surprising for a 5000 pound truck, the factory speaker system is much better than most other cars, and it is a true eye-catcher even at 5 years old.

Air conditioning defect causes minimal rust in glove compartment, but simply has to be cleaned (not often at all) and small leak in back window. Full potential of engine only felt at extreme rpms, but it allows for impressive fuel economy.