2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: I'm Hooked!

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

FX4 SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

I'm Hooked!
By T. Jordan on

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the truck brand new, actually traded in my 03 crew. What a change! These trucks are great. I pull a 29.5 foot holiday trailer with my F-150...nooo problem. The ride is car like and the truck is very responsive. All controls are easily reached. As well the interior noise is just non-existent. There really is no comparing the F-150 to the Dodge and Chevy. I have friends that have both as I have had and they love my F-150 also. All that truck and still costs less than the competitor's equivalent truck. Well made, great finish and fit. Every time I drive the truck my wife notes the big grin on my face, I'm hooked.

Looks, 18" rubber, 3:73 limited slip rear differential, interior room, upgraded stereo, leather, towing capacity from factory = 8750 lbs, bells and whistles, and the overall solid construction.

The rear window had a leak along the top which cost about $38.00 to fix and seems to be a problem with the truck. Also a LT tire would be good. Maybe a 6' box but Ford has remedied that already. Finally the fuel economy could be a bit better but I enjoy it so much I can deal with that.