Happy with my STX
By STX in North Dakota on
2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
GM owner all my life. Had a VW Jetta before this truck. In the shop more than a 3rd of the time I owned it. I now have this truck and a GMC Sierra SLT. I would say that between both of the trucks I would rather drive the Ford. More comfortable inside with STX package than GMC with leather and all the goodies. I would rather tow with the GMC, way more power. Both get equal MPG when not towing. Styling is better on the Ford. For an extended cab the Ford has more room for my sons car seat in the back. The 4.6 motor is definitely underpowered for serious hauling but works great for commuting and hunting/fishing. Pulls a small boat/camper with no problem. Would not tow more than that.
Favorite Features
Interior room and quality. Looks great! Decent MPG 13.83 city and 17-19 highway. Seat comfort, Ride height, bed space. If you don't want to waste $5,000 go with the STX package unless you have to have power windows/locks. Stick with the smaller motor unless you are going to tow heavy trailers!
Suggested Improvements
Put better tires on it from the factor General Ameritracs are garbage! Spray in liner from the factory.