Great Truck
By Michael on
2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
One the highest quality vehicle I have ever owned. Only major issues after 65,000 miles were a bad solenoid for the locking hubs and a temp gauge that is 6 degrees off. OE tires were borderline, and interior cloth stains quite easily. Interior quality was much better before they sourced this stuff out (yes, I worked at Ford years ago and still hold the competency of the truck group high). This thing has been down a lot of washboard dirt roads and on rough narrow two tracks and is still tight. K&E filter helped gas mileage a bit. Go with the 6.5' bed if you haul any lumber or want to use the bed for overnighters.
Favorite Features
Rear doors. Compass and outside temp gauges. Remote rear glass vent (mine didn't have it). Visibility (tall wide glass for off-road driving) - I would not take a Hummer where I took this thing (unless someone else covered the body damage and tow favors).
Suggested Improvements
Storage bins under rear seats. Lower bed depth (would help bed access and rear vision). Narrower side mirrors (extendable for towing). A composite bed cover that does not increase bed height.