F150 Regular Cab 4x4 XLT
By Mike on
2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I love this truck... I've had a 89 F150 XLT, 97 Expedition, 2001 SuperCrew and now the 04 F150 XLT and I can't rave enough on how good this truck is. Towing is a dream, power is excellent, brakes are great, steering is tight and responsive. Only problems were a warranty recall on the rear axle, and a recurring dead battery since year one, which is a bad battery, but Ford won't replace it. I'm going to try one more time, before our Minnesota winter to get them to pony up. Did the K&N filter and cut off the stock muffler for a Flowmaster 3" 3 chamber SUV series muffler and this thing sounds great without droning at any speed. I still get 15 mpg avg summer and 13 mpg avg winter! I drive it hard.
Favorite Features
Towing ability. Power brakes. Appearance. Standard XLT features - power windows, brakes, heated mirrors, compass, 6 CD changer in dash, nice sound system, auto headlamps, etc.
Suggested Improvements
Lower the truck a little. It's a 4x4, and the bed floor is 34 inches above the ground. There's 10" over each wheel to the bottom lip of the fender. It could be 6" lower without sacrificing any offroad capability.