Customer neglect is Job #1
By JCRedding on
2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
We bought the '04 FX4 new. For the first year it was great. Since then it has evolved into total junk. Use is very light duty and no offroad. At 25K brakes and rotors needed replaced. The AC barely works. At 46K the tranny needed rebuilt and Ford did not see a problem with that nor were they interested in my complaint. Window motors and the main switches plus u- joints replaced at the same time. This on top of $650 for the 45K mi service. Now the rear diff clutch pack is going. taking off from a stop while turning causes the truck to shudder until straightened out. With 48K now on the odo it has turned into a rattle trap. I should have payed the difference and gone back to a Toyota!
Favorite Features
Originally the design, nice ride and power appealled to me. The problems have erased those positive images.
Suggested Improvements
There is no use suggesting improvements as neither the dealer I bought it from nor Ford really care about standing behind their product, from my experience. They spend their money on marketing to lure new customers into thinking that "Quality is Job#1" and "Built Ford Tough" really mean something.