2004 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Cost of Ownership

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

FX4 SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Cost of Ownership
By jk123 on

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew new. Had to make a decision between the Ford and the Nissan Titan, bad decision on my part as it turns out. Currently on my 5th set of tires at 61,000 miles, had to replace brake rotors during the first break job, the tranny slips and Ford has not been any help. The customer service rep from Ford Motor Co. tells me they have done all they can do. The cost of ownership and the time spent taking this truck back and forth to the dealer is ridiculous. Sorry Ford, I have given up on you guys. If the Japanese want to take over the US truck market you should at least make them work for it and not just give it to them!

Favorite Features

Driver's captain chairs and seat height is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Get your act together from an engineering perspective prior to making any more "improvements" related to the suspension system or rack and pinion steering. This truck EATS tires! If you are going to advertise 300HP I think the customer should expect 300HP, not the pseudo 300 this trucks puts out.