2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2004 Lariat Supercrew
By Paige kehrer on 01/30/05 15:57 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best Ford truck I have owned in overall quality and ride. The gas mileage for the 5.4 motor is great (17.5-18.5 mpg) at 65-70 mph. My last truck, a 2003 F150 with a 6 cylinder only got 16 mpg at best.

Great Truck
By firstf150 on 01/24/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First I was planning to buy a car but then I saw the oppurtunity to buy a truck around the same price of a car and decided to go with the truck. I made a great choice. I am really happy with this truck; don't plan on selling it anytime soon

Wish I bought 4x4
By japple on 01/23/05 12:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Not too many complaints about the vehicle. Very quiet ride and smooth at that. Have a water leak in the cabin which has been quite a hassle. Can't seem to get it taken care of. Overall good looks, okay performance.

So Far So Good
By Ron on 01/16/05 10:54 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck overstock in January. Needed Yellow for my business. This is a loaded 4X4 in shocking yellow and I think its great. Bug shield and step bars really set it off. Engine could be stronger but the weight due to extra size makes it worth it. I do feel and hear a not so subtle drive line rumble at about 62 mph. Other than this it is a very smooth and comfortable truck with a capital T.

6th Ford and counting
By B obby McGee on 01/02/05 02:29 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Ford truck in a row, so I may be somewhat prejudiced. (Note that it actually has a 6.5' bed, but that option with the 5.4L engine was not listed.) I am sufficiently satisfied with Ford trucks in general, due to my past experience, to consider them as a "first likely brand"; but am not a "hater"of other truck brands. This F-150 has technology that was only dreamed about 5 years ago, but it is based on the reliable results that have led me repeatedly to purchase Ford trucks. Styling is exceptional and the options I most like were all ones that I thought of as "fluff"...the reverse-sensing system, heated mirrors & remote keypad. It's your choice, but consider them!

Ford F-150 Lariat Rocks!
By marcos on 12/30/04 22:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything I've wanted in a truck. I had a 2000 F-150 4x4 and it fells like I went from a lumber wagon to a Mercedes in term of ride quality. There are so many positive attributes with this truck I couldn't list them all. The only complaint is power. It seems a bit weaker than my old truck which also had the 5.4 V8. A chip and few other mods will take care of that issue for me though. Overall, a great truck. Baught it instead of the Nissan Titan. Like the Titan and its 180 degree swingout doors, but the Ford felt better to me. The Audiophile stereo in the F-150 is very good for a factory system. Hope this helps prospective buyers.

Doesn't disappoint!
By Rick on 12/28/04 17:12 PM (PST)

This is the first F150 for me in 20 years, and it doesn't disappoint! Comfortable, reliable, and rides/handles like a car! What a great experience.

Great Truck
By Shaun Dickey on 12/28/04 09:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have allways owned a truck, this is the best truck ever as far as comfort with a very quiet ride. Have taken trips from Michigan to Florida. With a lot of gear, bikes,scuba gear and golf clubs. I tried out the GMC and Dodge Trucks, simular to this Ford, Nothing else compared.

By Michael on 12/27/04 18:57 PM (PST)

My FX4 has the 5.4 motor and 373 rear end. It's a real slug from a standing start. Does anyone else have a similar complaint? I have a 1998 F-150 with the 5.4 motor (2 wheel drive) and it has much better pick up. I only have 400 miles on the truck. I'm going to go by and talk to the service dept where I purchsed it to see if there is something wrong with my truck.

First year review 22300 miles
By Trickhorn on 12/23/04 03:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well, 22300 miles and one year later it's still a great truck. No mechanical problems at all. The fit and finish of the Lariat interior is comperable to a sedan. I would recommend getting the split bench seat in the front because it comes in handy when you need to load six passengers. The stick shift looks neat but it's not practical. The big V8 guzzles gas. I avg.<15 mpg. with a lot of in town driving. It towes heavy loads well. I have had it in 4 wheel drive several times in muddy pastures and it worked fine. The bed walls are very high and can make it difficult to see when backing. It also makes it difficult to get in and out of the bed or manipulate a load without climbing.