Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

If you are looking for a real truck
By Ford Truckin

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yes, you get less than 20 MPG. Yes, the suspension is hard, but if you want a real truck and all that implies, this is the truck for you. If you want a Lexus, go buy a Lexus. I love this truck. It feels strong and smooth on the highway, in town driving and hauling. If you need power all you have to do is press harder on the pedal. I love this truck and have had no problems at all.

Favorite Features

The step side looks good! Power and performance are great.

Suggested Improvements

Only if Ford can make it fly above traffic.

The Limo of Pick-Ups
By SLORYDN1

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome! I love it. I had a 1997 F150 XLT when I purchased this truck, and as much as I liked the '97, this truck is 10 times better. I fail to see what all the complaints on the power are about. From 0-70 mph I can torch our Crown Vic Interceptors, and almost hang with the V6 Chargers we upgraded to. This is like driving a living room on wheels, it's so comfortable, and it is the vehicle I take on all of my long distance trips, poor gas mileage aside. I would recommend this truck to anyone needing a full size, yet comfortable truck.

Favorite Features

Captain's chairs, floor shifter, electronic HVAC, radio/cruise/HVAC buttons on steering wheel, 5.4L 3 valve V-8

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM Tires would have been nice. I would like to see better brake pads, especially on the front wheels, because of the brake dust.

Last Ford I'll ever own.
By Tom

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I loved the truck for the first year, then it all changed. The paint is peeling, the spark plugs got stuck in the heads, the fuel pump went bad, the rear slips and whines, it passes everything but a gas station, and Ford will not stand by their products. I would like to trade in the truck for a Tundra, but the trade in value is too low.

Favorite Features

The truck drives great and is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Buy trucks from Toyota and put your name on them.

f150
By joe

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a few problems with the truck. They were resolved by the dealer which is great. At 28000 miles the rear end was chattering, turned out the clutches were bad they fixed it under warranty. Two times now the air bag light was on and the sensor was replaced. The seat sensor for the air bag (passenger side) was bad and repaired. Other than that the truck is good.

Favorite Features

Power, size of the interior, I am 6'6". Tows great.

back to Fords
By samson

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Recently purchased at 1 month, completely satisfied with purchase over Chevy Suburban. Reliable and decent fuel mileage for a truck. I use all my vehicles for intended usage. I may own a truck, however I use it to transport goods from one place to another.

Favorite Features

Easy access and ride comfort and height. This truck uses the "KISS" method, keep it simple stupid.

Suggested Improvements

Place a tachometer in all vehicles and include transmission temperature gauges. Install standard mininimum 500 power inverter port for cell phone/laptop use.